Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What is my LLY worth?

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  poosniffer 
#1 ·
So, I'm curious as to what I should list my 2004.5 LLY for...

Bluebook says 14.5k, but I'm seeing most similar trucks going for 20k-21k

Truck info:
2004.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LS
Extended cab, 6 1/2 foot bed
177k miles
Mechanically and ascetically excellent

Notable mods:
Airbag suspension in rear
2.5in leveling kit
BANKS 6gun tuner w/ speed loader module
BANKS monster exhaust
Prodigy trailer brake system
Tractor supply black tool box
Kenwood head unit w/ aux,MP3,etc
Bose premium sound
LT295x70R16 BF Goodrich all terrain
Pro comp extreme 16" rims (black/chrome)
50" windshield mounted light bar
Roof mount gun rack (2x rifles)
Gooseneck bed rails

So my question is, what would you be willing to pay for this truck?

Thanks!

Christian
Corporal, USMC
2004 LLY CHEVY DURAMAX 2500HD

See less See more
#2 ·
Christian, welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. Some pics may help with your question. You say you see others going for 20-21. Are they selling for that or just being listed for that amount? That seems high to me.

As you know the truck is only worth what someone else will pay for it. So list it somewhere free like Craigslist for top dollar and see if you get offers. Your not obligated to sell just because you list.

#3 ·
Thank you. I'll put some pictures up later today. I guess my main question, this being my first diesel, do people pay for mods on trucks like these? I know in the general automotive world, modifications usually aren't a selling feature. But, I know with jeeps and such, they are. I bought the truck for $15,000 a couple years ago, so I'm just wondering if that's something I could turn a profit on.

#4 ·
Welcome and Semper Fi! Yes, most of the mods are not really selling features, except maybe airbags, exhaust and trailer brake. The banks 6 Gun isn't real popular and the rest of the stuff may or may not be of interest to a buyer. Crew cabs are more popular and easier to sell but many people are beginning to realize that any of the pre-DEF and pre-DPF trucks have some advantages that helps keep their value up. Not everybody can delete the newer trucks' emissions stuff because of EPA inspection requirements. Also, where the truck has spent its life can make a difference. In the West and PNW, trucks don't rust so people are willing to pay higher prices for rust free rigs. I see a lot of CCSB LLYs here in Oregon with asking prices in the $20-$24K range, don't know if any of them are selling for that though. Throw it on craigslist and see if you get any bites.

#5 ·
Personally, when I'm looking at a used diesel, I avoid anything that's been modded unless I personally know the truck & how it was treated. Just too many people throw on an intake, exhaust & tuner, then beat the hell out em'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.