Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Campin

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  LilyAva1 
#1 ·
Alright guys that travel for work.... Im a boilermaker and I'm sick of hotels, I'm looking at campers now. My biggest concern with getting into a camper is the cold weather. Anyone that's got a polar package? Wondering how well those really are in say single digit temps?

#3 ·
Lots of single digit and below zero temps up here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The biggest problems you are going to encounter is the humidity problem in the trailer and trust me, the furnace not only eats propane, it hardly ever shuts off. 2004 Triumph trailer, heated tanks and underbelly.

#5 ·
I lived in WY for a yr in a trailer. The trailer I had came with heated/insulated underbelly. Even know I was in the extreme temps I had to put a skirt around it. For just weekend camping or a few weeks you'll be fine.

#7 ·
I spent 2 New Hampshire winters in a 27 ft travel trailer when working on a power plant job as a fitter.As someone above mentioned, my furnace rarely shut off.

#8 ·
Most full-timers use 1-2 aux ceramic fan forced heaters to supplement the LPG furnace (which can't keep up). Works well for toasty.

I have some of these, looks like a faux pottery piece on the table top. One in the main bath, the other in the kitchen (rear kitchen model).

Designer Oscillating Ceramic Heater

Reactions: WaterWay
#9 ·
The other advantage to the electric heaters is operating expense.

If you are in a campground the electricity is included in teh nightly or monthly fee so it is free in that sense.

Propane YOU are paying for!

Reactions: WaterWay
#12 ·
Look at Northwood RV's (northwoodmfg.com) Arctic Fox.
Available in Truck Camper, Travel Trailer, and 5th Wheel.
Skirting will help any trailer.
Ceramic heaters save on propane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.