Average mileage? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Average mileage?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with a Duramax. It has 25K miles on it. I was wondering what "normal" non-towing mileage should be. I do mostly county road driving (some stop and go but highway speeds(55mph)). I have been getting around 15.5MPG. Is that normal? High? Low?Thoughts? Thanks
Rbrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

That sounds about like what I get with mine. What size tires are you running? I lost 3 mpg when I went to 285's from 265's. Is your truck stock?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
And I be smokin
Supporting Member

I'm at 17.3 with 35's.
Jeff | 03 LB7 ECSB in Arrival Blue | 6" Fabtech | Tierods/Braces | Airaid Intake | 4" T.B/muffler delete | Profab Intake horn and D.P | Pump Rub Kit | BD Deep Pan | PPE B.V | EFI tuned by Mr. Coddens | AirdogII | Upgraded Sound | 20x10 MKW M26 | 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's | Bushwacker | 15% | All on Mod |
trublulb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Everything on the truck is stock with the exception of the air filter. I installed a K&N filter when I bought it. I did see an increase in the throttle response when I did that.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

on my 2011 w/ 3k miles i got 16 stock and 18 w/ my chip..

2011; 2500 LML Duramax, Z71.
Mods: aFe cold air intake, bully dog gt tuner, 6" fabtech lift kit, 20" fuel boost rims, 35" nitto mud grapplers, projector halo headlights, recon smoked led tail lights, rbp mesh grille, blacked out bowties, debaged completely, train horn, PA system, 2 10" kicker comp subs, cooler in the bed.

next: 5" flo pro straight pipe, xrt tuner. (dpf delete of course) color matched bumpers, mirrors, & handles.
DylanH9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

What chip did you intall?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrand View Post
Everything on the truck is stock with the exception of the air filter. I installed a K&N filter when I bought it. I did see an increase in the throttle response when I did that.
Oiled filter? Stock Intake?

Be careful not to over oil the filter, the oil gets on the MAF sensor and drops fuel mileage.

That said, mileage varies a lot on my 09 LMM. Depends where I fill up, driving conditions, etc.. Mileage between fuel stations varies up 2-5 mpg.

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrand View Post
What chip did you intall?
i gotta bully dog pro gt tuner.

2011; 2500 LML Duramax, Z71.
Mods: aFe cold air intake, bully dog gt tuner, 6" fabtech lift kit, 20" fuel boost rims, 35" nitto mud grapplers, projector halo headlights, recon smoked led tail lights, rbp mesh grille, blacked out bowties, debaged completely, train horn, PA system, 2 10" kicker comp subs, cooler in the bed.

next: 5" flo pro straight pipe, xrt tuner. (dpf delete of course) color matched bumpers, mirrors, & handles.
DylanH9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

18-19 average, 22-24 highway with my 07 Classic LBZ using my custom ~400hp daily tune
Black6spdZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
18-19 average, 22-24 highway with my 07 Classic LBZ using my custom ~400hp daily tune
Very similar mileage (check sig) on 265 tires. Gotta keep it at or below 2k rpms, though. And yes, that means going around 65mph or less on the freeway. I lose at least 3mpg on the freeway with 60-65 vs 70-75. Heavy truck + drag = exponential force to move it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.