Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#26,782 ·
They make a bed plug ?
Umm B&W doesn't that I know of. But I was talking about the trailer plug on inside of bed so wire isn't draped over tailgate

#26,784 ·
Just ordered PPEI LML A50 TCM tuning!!!

#26,785 ·
Got the new class v b&w 5" drop tri ball and window vents at parts store. Picking them up in morning. Now to decide on helper bags and control system. Looking at the air lift 5000 ultimate with the wirelessAIR controller. Good? Bad? Recommendations?
Keep it simple, just two Schrader valves located where they're easy to reach. Unless you're hot shotting different loads every day, there's no need to be able to constantly change airbag pressure. I run mine @ 30 psi when towing my 5th and 10 when not towing. A bike pump or cheesy 12V compressor will fill in seconds if you need. Every time you add a fitting, solenoid valve, tee, pump etc, it increases the liklihood of an air leak. Just my $0.02 usd worth.

#26,787 ·
Yea...I've got a trailer plug in the bed...for some reason, however, my running lights are really dim when I hook the harness up at that location. Under the bumper it's quite brite. Took apart the junction, and replaced the connection to the trailer harness and it's still dim. Using my bumper plug for now.

#26,788 ·
Did you pull the new plug out from it's bed mount and check the wire lug terminals for tight? Especially, the ground wire.

#26,791 ·
Shined the tires and detailed it a little.

#26,793 ·
Brock start a porting and polishing business!

#26,794 ·
Na. That's Russells business. He is a good friend and I wouldn't do that to him. This is for your wedding as a gift so that's why, otherwise I'd tell ya to pay Russell.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#26,795 ·
Having a trailer harness outlet in the bed should be standard equipment on all 2500 and up trucks, IMHO.
I agree. Apparently it's a $35 option that when I ordered no one knew exactly what it was. Come to find out it comes with the harness already wired into truck. All ya gotta do is buy the plug, install it, and connect harness. One of the dealers around here orders every Dmax with it.

#26,797 ·
Keep it simple, just two Schrader valves located where they're easy to reach. Unless you're hot shotting different loads every day, there's no need to be able to constantly change airbag pressure. I run mine @ 30 psi when towing my 5th and 10 when not towing. A bike pump or cheesy 12V compressor will fill in seconds if you need. Every time you add a fitting, solenoid valve, tee, pump etc, it increases the liklihood of an air leak. Just my $0.02 usd worth.
Keep it simple stupid- motto to live by. Just ordered the bag kit for now. I do have a cheap 12v compressor now that thought about it. I know most install the schrader valve into bumper around plate area. Thoughts on mounting it next to RV plug in bed ? Better protection ?

#26,798 ·
Smart dealer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I agree. It's cost effective for them. If it's $35 for us what's it to them? Then when someone does want RV plug in bed it's less parts for them/us to buy and install. Mann is also a B&W dealer. Kinda regret not going thru them in first place. Could've had new truck with hitch installed right from showroom

#26,799 · (Edited)
748,417 - Oil, grease, air filter, tires rotated, had to replace strap for wheel speed sensor on control arm pass side. I seemed to of broken a few of those damn fender liner come down on it.

#26,800 ·
Tinting the front 2 windows and adding a brow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk