Van Shopping - Page 13 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Get In the VAN!!! Discussion Of GM Diesel Vans..... And whatever TheStepChild wants

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   eBay Motors  #121 (permalink)
Vanned this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.6 Duramax View Post
Hey stepchild I found a 2007 with 189,250 miles on it for $8,990 and its not the extended one. Its the shorter one. Are you even interested in it if you already bought a gasser. Its pretty good drive from you though.
Thanks!!

I had a CL ad for my car. Needed to sell it before I bought a newer van. No bites, so I traded it in. Needed to go to a dealership. Didnt do too bad on the trade.
TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   eBay Motors  #122 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

are you gonna make a tubbed out van or what??
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM   eBay Motors  #123 (permalink)
Vanned this place

No. As soon as I get it, all my work stuff is going to get put in. 2-3000 lbs of equipment.

Trading in the 4 banger car means I will be getting the dmax out of the garage as my daily driver/beater
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM   eBay Motors  #124 (permalink)
Vanned this place

I get tired of sales people.

We agree to an out the door price. They were going to transfer my license plate from Scion to the van. I said no, I have to have a commercial plate on the cargo van and the Scion is a passenger plate, and the scion plate expires in less than a month anyway.

So today they call and want me to cover $120 for the commercial plate because it's such 'a tight deal' for them.

I told them 'No. Theres plenty other vans for sale. We had a price agreed to. I'll find another van. Thanks anyway.' Hung up.

who is being the cheapo tard here, them or me?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   eBay Motors  #125 (permalink)
Vanned this place

"the van of my dreams"

Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM   eBay Motors  #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStepChild View Post
I get tired of sales people.

We agree to an out the door price. They were going to transfer my license plate from Scion to the van. I said no, I have to have a commercial plate on the cargo van and the Scion is a passenger plate, and the scion plate expires in less than a month anyway.

So today they call and want me to cover $120 for the commercial plate because it's such 'a tight deal' for them.

I told them 'No. Theres plenty other vans for sale. We had a price agreed to. I'll find another van. Thanks anyway.' Hung up.

who is being the cheapo tard here, them or me?
Typical dealer talk. They always seem to be loosing money on the deal. I bet they call you back tomorrow.

"Quotes found on the Internet are not always accurate " Abraham Lincolon"
6.6 Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM   eBay Motors  #127 (permalink)
Vanned this place

They're "doing me a favor" giving me such a great deal.

Over 200 express/savana vans on autotrader within 100 miles just in the 2008-2012 years.

They're not doing me any favors.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   eBay Motors  #128 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Quote:
They're "doing me a favor" giving me such a great deal.
Does that 'Favor' come with a reach-around too?

Cavender Chevrolet – in BOERNE, TX .....'Favor-d' me after the deal was signed with a trade-in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavender's Chevy
Our Mission...
By continually fostering relationships that are built on trust and integrity,
Purchase Order processed, funds sent, returned the next day (100 miles) to drop the LB7 trade-in and leave with the new HD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavender's Sales Manager
“Oh wait! $150 for mud flaps (with their Dealer Name on ‘em)....to pass inspection." “Gotta’ have an inspection to leave the lot….those weren’t included in the purchase order.”
Watch out!
Just because Stuart C. buddies up with George Strait for advertising, it doesn't mean you're gonna' get a Straight Deal. ($150 to put your ad on the back of my truck... ).

And, just because you 'Favor' a nobody customer from out of town, it doesn't mean you'll never hear a peep out of them or be 'Outed' (on a regular basis) in front of an 80,000 member Duramax Truck Forum.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 PM   eBay Motors  #129 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
No, I couldnt wait another year for a van. Dont even want to drive mine the 40ish miles round trip tomorrow to do 3 jobs.

on the transit -

I like the looks of the one I posted pics of at the show. Dont like the front end on the blue one I saw on i94 and got pics of.

I like the feel sitting in the drivers seat. The seat height gave a nice high upright position, easy access in and out, or to the back. Tilt wheel and all the controls seemed to be just about right/easy access. I like the pockets in the door too - the cell phone/business card pocket (whatever it is) was a nice touch.

dont like - some stuff seemed cheap plastic - dash, I bet the inside door handle will be a hot seller - seemed WAY to flimsy. Not to easy to exit the drivers seat compared, maybe it was to suit and tie I had on, just a little akward getting out. Drivers door hinge was creaking BAD. One of the Ford Suits (forget his name) noticed me checking out the squeek and came running over concerned what was wrong. It wasnt squeeking Monday when I at in it, but Tuesday it sounded like it would fall off.

Other concerns - thread at DP a guy in UK says they are junk long term. They fall apart and rust themselves out. Yes the 3.2l 5 cyl powerstroke is already a 'global' engine, in the ranger and all, but not in the US with US tuning and emmisions - Will it hold up?
The ingress/egress isn't to bad for me being 6'4'' but then again when I'm getting in and out of the vehicle I'm wearing jeans and a button up so a lot more movement. Door handle is being updated as are many of the parts already on the vans since many of those were first shots and need lots of help still. Squeak again its a first vehicle but kind of surprised as all the ones I have been through haven't had that issue but I will be sure to talk to the engineer about it.

As for the rust, it won't anymore then other vehicles on the road. The vehicle will be getting an E coat to help protect it better from rust so shouldn't be a big deal. I do know that since it is commercial they go for longer periods between washes so have a tendency to rust quicker then other vehicles.

Sold 02 2500HD EC/SB Duramax
-EFI Live/AIRraid intake/4" dual exhaust
-6" Fabtech lift w/cognito arms/braces/tie-rods
-20x12 Fuel Hostage Black w/ 35x12.50x20 Toyo MTs
buildingup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 AM   eBay Motors  #130 (permalink)
Vanned this place

Good thing on that inside door handle. I see the cheap plastic handle lasting a week or two. Make 'em metal.

And yea, take the Dp thread with a grain of salt. Most are work vans, used and abused.

The 2012 express I was buying already needed a new drivers seat at 16000 miles. People are too lazy or large to step out of the vans and just roll out ruining the left side of the drivers seat.

We'll see if I own a new to me van today. Going to work with the title to my trade. But I found a 2010 with 3500 miles that I may go look at instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.