No more D-max :( - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
GraveYard Post ONLY of YOUR wrecked truck! Nothing from the internet!

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

No more D-max :(

Well as of yesterday I went from a very happy GMC duramax owner to very sad former dmax owner. I got my Sierra a little over 2 months ago after trading my 98 12v cummins for it. When i traded I have been more than happy considering this was exactly the truck i have wanted since i was 16 years old, now being 22 years old. I finished playing around and getting everything the way i wanted it as far as performance wise.
Details about my truck were 2003 Lbz block with lb7 heads, had .95 thick headgaskets and arp 625+ head studs, II 15% over injectors, EFI live dsp5, danville performance ihi turbo, danville ported horn, s&b intake, profab downpipe, 5inch exhaust dump under cab, mbrp hot pipe, autometer gauge pod, fass platinum lift pump, bd power built trans, with 4" lift with 18" rbp wheels on 36's.

This is what my truck looked like when i was going to look about trading.

Then after getting it and bringing it back home and finally getting it cleaned up, parked next to my buddies 99 7.3 powderstroker.

Then i decided i wasnt to fond of the full ranch hand bumper so i done some trading around and got some boot and got a stock gmc bumper.

At this point I was completely happy, i decided after going to school to get thing set up for this semester i stopped by local cat dealer and got two filters so i could go ahead and change filters so i could start having better filtrations. So upon returning home i changed filters and then went to meet my buddy to help put new headlights in his 12v dodge. Then it all happened when going through a intersection i got hit on passenger side which knocked my truck into another car causing my truck flip and tumble until finally coming to a rest about 50 ft back.

Pictures on the scene of the accident that people have sent me.

Here are the pictures from the lot where they towed it when i went to get my stuff out.

Good news is that all 3 parties involved in the wreck by the grace of an all mighty God were able to walk away from the crash, not only did everyone walk away safely everyone walked away with out even have any scratches. From the photos and seeing it on scene you just know someone was either dead or extremely bad condition, but thanks to the grace of God there wasn't even one drop of blood shed. Just though i would post this so people could hear my story of my eye opener alone with a true sign that God is still with us today no matter what. Hopefully my story can make a change to someone who thinks that this cannot happen to them, cause believe me a day that started just as any normal talking to a few friends before doing normal runs can change all of a sudden and those words shared between friends could be your last.
tyler37857 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
oh yaaaaaaaaaa

All I can say is.. Damn.. Glad to see you were all okay. Vehicles are replaceable people are not. So was the person that hit you first at fault?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
EFI Live, AFE hot/cold intercooler tubes, SDP EGR delete,5" MBRP straight pipe, 3" Diamondeye Downpipe, Bills custom intake, AFE turbo mouthpiece, Edge CTS Insight, Recon taillights, cab lights, and tailgate light bar, 8000K HID's, PacBrake Air bags, 06 grille, Reflexxion Cowl hood, Pioneer 3100 double din,
Click picture to be redirected to Meyerperformance.com
Price match Guarantee!
kman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Wow

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Glad your okay but Sad to see your pride and joy wrecked. hopefully you'll find another just like it!
S&B, resonator delete
Sleeves & Braces
Blackmamba 02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Holy shiznit, glad to hear everyone made it out ok. Sorry about the truck

LBZ|6"|Toyo AT|Fuel Mavericks
Custom Pearl Paint
S&B CAI|5" MBRP Exhaust|BD Power Pup|PPE Shim Kit|Profab EGR Delete|Profab DP|LML Manifold|PCV Re-route|Cobalt Boost & Pyro
Bilstein 5100 & Stabilizer|Krypto Tie Rods|Moog Pitman|Idler Arms|Krypto UCA
Mag Hytec Diff Cover
LsUtIGeRs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:23 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
Lifetime Supporting Member

Glad everyone is ok bro, damn!

sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard smashing your little kittens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXchris View Post
I take turbo dumps when I eat lots of chili. Sometimes they are loud.
See Will @ Troll Performance

Thanks to Willie at
Synthetic motorsports
gp184 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Glad your ok, I dont think it will buff out.
4" tuff country lift
295 70/18 Toyo AT2
Method NV 18x9

slo truck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:35 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Glad you are ok sorry about your truck

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Donnie 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD cc/sb Debadged 5in straight pipe MPI twins 60% Big Dipper nozzels EFI live tuned by Rob at ATP PVC reroute Bank 3in IC pipe PPE Race Vavle & Ported Fuel Rail Fitting CP3 High Flow Feed Line Kit Raptor 150 lift pump built trans by Big Dipper EGR delete with 3in Y-bridge BD manifold Tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light Recon smoked LED cab lights LED tailgate bar Big Rig amber running lights 8K hids lows & driving Fuel Hostage rims Nitto 420's 305/50/20 3in drop shackles traction bars PPE straight centerlink Rareparts tierods Rancho steering stablizer and shocks line X Bed liner billet fuel door
http://www.atptrucks.com/
RedMax316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Thank GOD. Miracle everyone walked away. But I agree. With s little wax and a good buffer that will come out lol
GMax5 + ML Built by me
airdog II,AFE MP+Intercooler tubes http://www.meyerperformance.com/
7" Cognito Lift XD Monsters and 35"s,7" FTE Single stack, Tracton Bars, all the front end goodies, egr blocked, FRSK, 06 grill/ hood/mirrors, sunroof, 50g transfer flow tank and many more
1983 chevy 12valve cummins, nv4500,and some other stuff
Let men marry men and women marry woman...in 3 more generations there will be no more democrats
SzymoDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 05:46 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

glad to here no one was hurt
2015 Gmc sle rclb z71 maxx suspension leveling kit, trifecta tri fold toneau,bfg at 275-70-18 , weather tech floor liners,edge insight, spray in liner factory, mag-hytech rear end cover with royal purple max gear lube, 18-9 xd riots, mag-hytech deep trans pan, amsoil torque drive, cognito upper front arms

1969 ss nova back halved 604 ci big chief, rossler 400,8.42 on motor
blunova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.