Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2015 duramax damage

12K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  ALLY Cat 
#1 ·
Hi, so I got into an accident recently that was heavy on the pass front of truck will some damage to drivers side. All 6 airbags went off. Any ideas on how much or signifigant this damage is? Pics are below...
I am worried that it may be a write off due to all those air bags going off alone, any idea if/how that can be cleaned up?
The truck is an LTZ full load, every option.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Trying to determine superficial damage from structural damage it really helps to see pics of the inside of the engine bay and frame of the truck from the underside facing up.
Not saying you'll be able to close the hood after you pop it open, just saying it helps us diagnosis.

05 ccsb

#6 ·
Dude that sucks!

Its gonna depend on your Ins co. That does not look like $25-$30k in damages which is about where they will need to be before they even consider totaling it. But again, hard to tell without pix of engine bay and underside of truck.

#7 ·
Damage may not be too much as far as cost goes but the fact that that many airbags went off. That's where the bulk of the money will come from. But need more info on the extent of the accident and more pics.

#10 ·
Any thoughts on whether or not bent tow hooks means bent frame?

Still could go either way there, bent hook or bent further in after it bolts up. I hope for your sake it's the more minor.
Have the guys at the shop it's being looked over in take you out and let you under to see for yourself. A few pics snapped there could do a lot for your peace of mind, or be something you rely on later dealing with insurance adjustors.

05 ccsb

#11 ·
*****update****

So as of today there is 30 thousand in damage and that is before any frame damage. I am waiting for them to inspect the frame now to see how much damage there is on that. If there is enuff it will be a total loss they say, but it also may be very minor frame damage.. Should know tomo.

#15 ·
*****update 2 ****

SO front frame section bent, and they have measured the mid frame and found its out as well. They say that means write off.... so now i wait for insurance to officially total it off. It was a weird side /front hit so thats why it bent the frame they say.

#28 ·
Always let it warm up a bit before you drive it, and always let it run for a minute before you turn it off. Especially if you’ve been getting on it. Both of theses things are for the sake of the turbo. If the truck has been running a while, the turbo will get nice and hot. If you just turn the engine off without letting the turbo cool down it will sit there and be hot as hell. If you let it run for a minute, oil will run through it and help cool it down a bit. Doing this just extends the life of the turbo. This should be done on all diesels. Nice truck.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

#29 ·
Always let it warm up a bit before you drive it, and always let it run for a minute before you turn it off. Especially if you’ve been getting on it. Both of theses things are for the sake of the turbo. If the truck has been running a while, the turbo will get nice and hot. If you just turn the engine off without letting the turbo cool down it will sit there and be hot as hell. If you let it run for a minute, oil will run through it and help cool it down a bit. Doing this just extends the life of the turbo. This should be done on all diesels. Nice truck.
I think you're in the wrong thread here bud...

#30 ·
My 2004 LLY (138K miles) got smacked by a guy who ran a stop sign, hit the right rear about a foot from the tail. Caved in the bedside, tore the bumper half off, bent the spring perch and shoved the entire exhaust from the CAT back sideways into the spare tire. I was sure they were going to total it, but his insurance co is paying to fix it. Been in the shop over 2 months now, they gave me a 2020 Toyota Highlander loaner rental car to drive. I'm guessing it's going to be close to $8-$9 K, maybe more. Big hangup is replacing the exhaust, has to be stock due to EPA laws and they are having trouble getting the right part. Collision shop says the insurance companies are not totalling the old pre DEF/DPF trucks due to the fact that they are way too much in demand now. I just recently took an entire CCLB stock LLY CAT back exhaust to the metal recycler..... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.