The purpose for the PCV Reroute is to keep oil & crud from entering the Turbo, Boost Tube & Intercooler.
PCV Reroute is not emissions approved. It’s not OEM or dealer approved.
Do Not use Heater Hose, is does not stand up to PCV, over time.
Stainless Braided Hose causes more chafing problems then its worth.
Do Not use 2” plastic test plug, they can crack & FOD out the Turbo.
Barstool feet belong on barstools not on a Duramax.
Note- If I had an extra $200 I would buy an AFE MP & TIG Weld the ports shut.
Parts List; (Qty.) Vendor
1. Oil Catch Can (1) Jegs or e-bay
2. ˝” Gates Push-Lock Fuel Line (10’) Jegs
3. ˝” Push-Lock Tee Fitting (1) Jegs
4. 90* AN -8 Push-Lock Fittings (2) Jegs
5. Str. AN -8 Push-Lock Fitting (1) Jegs
6. Str. AN -8 / ˝” NPT Fitting (1) Jegs
7. 2.0” Cap & Hose Clamp (optional) (1) Home Depot
8. 1.0” Cap & Hose Clamp (1)
9. S/S PCV to AN -8 fittings (2) SPI Performance http://www.spi-performance.com/diesel.htm
10. Reuse PCV Fitting O-Rings (2) NAPA
1. Mount Oil Catch Can to aft side of RH FWD Cab Mount.
2. Remove Turbo Resonator.
3. Install 1.0” Cap & 2.0” Cap on Turbo MP.
4. Remove Top LH Boost Tube Coupler.
5. Remove (2) 10mm bolts from valve covers that secure PCV Tube & hose clamp from Turbo MP.
6. Swap (or replace) O-Rings from old PCV fittings to new fittings.
7. Install SPI PCV Fittings in valve covers.
8. Install 90* AN-8 Fitting & Hose on LH SPI PCV Fitting. Run hose along AC Hose to RH side& secure with adel clamps or ty-wraps.
9. Install Str. AN-8 Fitting & about 8” hose to RH SPI PCV Fitting.
10. Install 90* AN-8 Fitting & hose on Oil Catch Can. Run hose along RH Fender Liner.
11. Install Tee Fitting between hoses for LH, RH & Catch Can.