How To: Add Factory Navigation to your truck - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:57 PM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

will be looking into doing this in an 03.

2003 Chevrolet Silverado-2500hd Duramax 6.6l lb7 allison transmission | 7-9 inch Cognito Lift | EFI live tuned | 5 inch MBRP Turbo Back | 4.5 inch Bills Custom Intake S&B Filter | Pro Fab 3 inch Downpipe | 3.5 inch Profab Turbo Horn | Suncoast Stage 5 Transmission | 38/13.5/R24 Nitto Trail Grapplers | 24x14 American Force Independence SS |

73impala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 PM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

It is a great idea, but with free updates from google maps, the free app for my droid makes factory nav units obsolete...
LBZ mouthpiece upgrade, BD Exhaust, MBRP DP, Banks Ram-Air with SuperScoop ,4" SS Corsa Exhaust System w/gutted kitty, Amsoil Dual Oil Bypass Filtration, Aux Radiator (Engineer 837) installed, Firestone Air Bags, Allison extra capacity Tranny pan, MagHytec Rear Diff Cover, Synthetic Fluids ...Mike L tranny cooler) 2008 Towing Mirrors with Leveling MOD, PCV reroute, Fumoto Valve, Mad Jacks fuel fiter access door. Running 2% BioDiesel with Optilube XPD,TTS dual lift pumps with Nictane Aux Fuel Filtration. EFI (Tuned ECM from Duramaxtuner) Edge Insight CTS to control the tunes
And the best part of all, no payments and title in hand
1953drtelco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 AM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
saw what you did there
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953drtelco View Post
It is a great idea, but with free updates from google maps, the free app for my droid makes factory nav units obsolete...
It's a gigantic help in resale value however...
6K Lows, 3K Fogs, Tint.
CLICK BEFORE YOU POST!

theunderlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
Evergreen Oil Burners

might have to look at if its possible for my truck the full screen display is much nicer

built trans and lift pump coming soon!

special thanks to
ADP, ATP, HDP, UDP, BDDP, MJS
SteepyBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

programing

In many cases, gm dealers are struggling to program these units after they are installed. Here is a source for all the help you will need. These guys can program them, and they can get or make you anything you need to get it right.

They are the go to guys for gm factory NAV/DVD

CPS Audio/Video, in Rohnert Park, Ca. Service is quick, painless, and affordable. 1 707 588 9300.

There is a lot of good info on the net about this stuff, and if you sort through it all, you can figure most of it out. Cps can save you a ton of time, money, and frustration!! I'm very happy I found them!!

I switched my factory touch screen nav to one that will also play DVDs, and added the factory rear entertainment with wireless headphones. After the dealer said they couldn't program the head unit, CPS programmed it in a day, made me a harness for the rear screen, and added an ir deal to run the headphones. Painless!!

Last edited by nelson#109; 03-16-2011 at 08:27 PM.
nelson#109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 03:39 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)

So my question is can you retro fit a sat nav into an 04 with onstar because all the rights up's I've seen are for units without onstar.

Last edited by roadless110; 03-25-2011 at 03:45 PM.
roadless110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Cps

Call CPS audio visual. They will tell you if you can.
nelson#109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 04:54 PM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Will this fit backwards?

Chevy Tahoe
CD MP3 Player Radio
It says for an 07, but hoping it will go backwards to fit an 06 Silverado.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:26 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)

OK, so factory navs will work, but whats a good aftermarket that fits perfectly in factory nav spot ? I have heard of lots of problems with factory navs in relatively short time periods, so lets upgrade to nav, but make it better than the factory stuff ? ? ? ?
newdmaxguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)

how about for a 2011 silverado?
basa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.