How To: DIY - Injector cleaning - Page 69 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 04:28 PM   eBay Motors  #681 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Juss for anybody that's concerned about doing this, I Juss did this and it actually helped. My #2 injector was out of spec in park at a -4.14 after doing this I was at a -1.14. I didn't think you could bring back a negative out of spec injector but it did. Granted it cleared up the white smoke a lot but still have some because I'm almost positive I have out of spec return rates. But for anybody wondering its defiantly worth a try. I had efi hooked to it the whole time and Juss watched the injector balance rates get better
2004 lb7 ccsb 4x4. Efi live tuned by Rob at ATP, Built trans by Brad at Calvins Auto, Wehrli custom fab s475/stock twin turbo kit, ARP head studs, tie rod sleeves, cognito idler/pitman arm braces, cognito traction bars, airdog 165, turbo horn, LML driver side manifold, cat fuel filter adapter 1r-0749, installed cab lights and tow mirrors. NBS back seats. 6 inch zone offroad lift lowered down and running 305/55/20, optima red tops, Mbrp 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust.

Soon to come: Built motor
dieseladdiction23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 PM   eBay Motors  #682 (permalink)

Did this cleaning a few days ago also. My truck had a bit of a rough idle to it, and it cleared it right up. I never checked the balance rates before hand but it made a huge difference in the way the engine runs. This is the second time I've done this, first time was about a year ago. This is a mandatory maintenance item if you ask me.

'05 LLY Crew 4x4

"Don't ask me for the answers, I only have one: That a man leaves his darkness when he follows the Son".
- Larry Norman
Dieseldad97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   eBay Motors  #683 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Has anyone tried this yet as a secondary deal, or as a routine maint deal with a different cleaner (ie, a strong mix of seafoam and diesel or some other kind of cleaner)? I do like how seafoam will help out gas motors- I just haven't noticed any difference using some in the tank and running it per instructions in my Dmax. It is a pretty good cleaner, doesn't have the alcohol a lot of other cleaners have, and cheaper and more available to most people (most dealerships in my area don't carry it- they have to order it).
'05 CC/SB, AMSOIL 15w-40 (From Synthetic Motorsports), Cold Air Intake with a dry Nanofiber filter from AMSOIL, PPE Tuner level 1, EGR blocked, LBZ MP, lost KITTY, finished off the rest with 4" SS Magnaflow, Amsoil Torque Drive, 5K HID's, General Grabbers 265 :rockin

Synthetic Motorsports
K9Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM   eBay Motors  #684 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Duramax View Post
Has anyone tried this yet as a secondary deal, or as a routine maint deal with a different cleaner (ie, a strong mix of seafoam and diesel or some other kind of cleaner)? I do like how seafoam will help out gas motors- I just haven't noticed any difference using some in the tank and running it per instructions in my Dmax. It is a pretty good cleaner, doesn't have the alcohol a lot of other cleaners have, and cheaper and more available to most people (most dealerships in my area don't carry it- they have to order it).

Sorry to say but Seafoam is good for cleaning gas motor but not diesels (no matter what they advertise). You'd be better off just running a strong mix of DK while doing the DIY cleaning but I still wouldn't bother doing it unless you're going to get the proper GM top end cleaner.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 AM   eBay Motors  #685 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I wouldn't run any injector cleaner through the engine like this. There is one other product they mention in this thread but it is a lot more expensive I think. If you want to do this I think your best bet is going to be ordering through the dealer.
EFI Live DSP5 from ATP/Rob, port and polished stock IHI turbo w/ Batmo Wheel, 3" Down Pipe, 4" straight pipe from the downpipe, intake horn mod, modded air box, custom overhead gauge console, pyro and boost gauges
Cognito UCA, Kyrptonite Straight Centerlink and Tierods, BFG KM2 255-85 on stock wheels

Truck Pictures
Bumper Build
www.performancetruckproducts.com
Bear9350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   eBay Motors  #686 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear9350 View Post
I wouldn't run any injector cleaner through the engine like this.
why not?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 PM   eBay Motors  #687 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpdt View Post
why not?
I meant seafoam or other types meant to be dumped in the fuel tank.
EFI Live DSP5 from ATP/Rob, port and polished stock IHI turbo w/ Batmo Wheel, 3" Down Pipe, 4" straight pipe from the downpipe, intake horn mod, modded air box, custom overhead gauge console, pyro and boost gauges
Cognito UCA, Kyrptonite Straight Centerlink and Tierods, BFG KM2 255-85 on stock wheels

Truck Pictures
Bumper Build
www.performancetruckproducts.com
Bear9350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM   eBay Motors  #688 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I just did this. Everything went well until i got ready to start her up again at the very end. When i pulled out the fuel lines to reconnect the actual lines, some diesel spilled. Well as im trying to start it up there was a small fire. I had to grab a water hose quick! Some wires burned but it doesnt look like they completely fried up. I have to check on it in the morning. Its too dark now :/
ebedsilva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 AM   eBay Motors  #689 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebedsilva View Post
I just did this. Everything went well until i got ready to start her up again at the very end. When i pulled out the fuel lines to reconnect the actual lines, some diesel spilled. Well as im trying to start it up there was a small fire. I had to grab a water hose quick! Some wires burned but it doesnt look like they completely fried up. I have to check on it in the morning. Its too dark now :/
Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM   eBay Motors  #690 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebedsilva View Post

well i checked out the wires, they seem to be ok. not too much damage. primed her up and turned her on. no problem! I feel better, but i still need to look into it.
ebedsilva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.