How To: PCV Reroute Kit LBZ - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:21 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Arrow How To: PCV Reroute Kit LBZ

If anyone is in between buying or making your own PCV Reroute kit, I put this together to help out. I would first like to say that their are many kits out there that you can buy or put together. I am not saying anything bad about anyone's kit. I am simply just showing what I put together and how much the parts cost.

Parts you will need: (This is what I used)

6-8' of "Gates" 19B Plant Master Industrial strength braided hose 5/8". $3.69 a foot @ NAPA
PPE Billet Crank Case Breather Set. $39.99 @PPE
Hose Clamps (6) Pack of 10 @ Lowes for $8.40
5/8" Stainless T Fitting $8.00 Hardware store
1" Rubber cap $1
2" Rubber cap $3

You can get regular heater hose from Lowes or Home Depot for about $1.74 a foot. I decided to go with Gates 19B Plant Master hose because it is heavier duty. The hose is made for petroleum oils, karosene, fuel oil up to 120*F and lubricating oil up to 212*F. It can also be used for transferring gasoline or diesel fuel. This hose is more expensive but I decided to go with it because I feel it will hold up a bit better. This hose is about $3.69 a foot and I purchased it from NAPA. Depending on where you want to run the hose I suggest getting about 6-8'. I got 7' and had plenty to route it under the passenger side of the truck. Here is a link to information about the hose. > 19B PLANT MASTER® - Air & Multi-Purpose | Gates Corporation

Remove the 6.6L box on top of the motor and install the 2" rubber plug.

Remove your factory air intake elbow or your aftermarket CAI elbow so you can easily access the passenger side crank case 10mm bolt

Remove the 10mm bolts at the crank case on both sides. You will reuse these bolts when installing the new PPE fittings.

Remove the driver side intercooler boot so you can easily access the 10mm bolt at the crank case.

It is a good idea while you have the boot off to go ahead and clean it with a good degreaser to get the oil residue off of it.

Next, remove the stock PCV system and plug the hole with the 1" rubber cap.

Then, install the new PPE billet fittings in the crank case. Make sure you use some lube, oil, or wd-40 on the billet fittings and the inside of the hose to help slide the hose onto the fittings. I used a hose clamp on each side where the hose slides into the PPE Fittings.

When installing the hose, you will be able to determine how much hose to use from the passenger side crank case to the driver side. Cut the hose someone near the middle right around the turbo MP. This is where you will install the stainless T fitting, hose clamps and use the remainder of the hose to route it to wherever you like under the truck.

This is also a good time to clean your motor after you finnish the installation. I used a little bit of greased lightning mixed with water and let it soak for a few minutes. Lightly rinse and try and avoid heavy spray on the wiring harnesses. While the motor is still damn, apply a good coat of WD-40 to hoses and motor.

Some people like to use a filter for the end of the hose where its routed under the truck. Or you could use a catch can. Whatever your personal preference is.

I hope this helps!

EFI Live DSP5|AirDog II 165| Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans| 2" Drop Shackles| 5" MBRP Exhaust| Down Pipe| S&B Intake| PPE & Aeroforce Gauges| 20x9 XD Hoss 795| 305/55/20 Falken Wild Peak A/T| PPE Fittings| PCV Reroute| EGR Blocked| HD Tie Rod Sleeves| B&W Hitch| 10" Kicker Comp VR
duramax07tmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Few more pictures...

EFI Live DSP5|AirDog II 165| Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans| 2" Drop Shackles| 5" MBRP Exhaust| Down Pipe| S&B Intake| PPE & Aeroforce Gauges| 20x9 XD Hoss 795| 305/55/20 Falken Wild Peak A/T| PPE Fittings| PCV Reroute| EGR Blocked| HD Tie Rod Sleeves| B&W Hitch| 10" Kicker Comp VR
Old 02-13-2011, 04:37 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Nice write up. Seems easy enough.
Not to sound like a total newb but...
Whats the reason for doing this? Would this be the same on my LMM? And...
Will this void my warranty? Not quit ready to void my warranty yet.
Thanks
Nitto Trail Grappler 285/65/18's
EFI Live tuning by Kory Willis
5" Diamondeye Exhaust
More to come..........
www.SyntheticMotorsports.org
www.LATuning.com
RJaredK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2011, 04:41 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

If you are worried about warranty, don't do it. And if you notice his one picture, there is Oil all through the intake tube....it basically stops the oil from being there and it just exits the truck.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

morning bump...

Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I think I am going to do this. I can see what it does to the intake, then the eingine.
YukYuPhat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

You should give it a try. It is not very expensive and it does not take long to do.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:31 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

ya'll having any diesel fume issue? such as smell? this reminds me of my 03 i had with the blow by tube it had. this is the same idea they had back then, and it still smells at times. im thinking about extending mine down the frame under the drivers side and stop it about even with the bed.

www.bigorangelawncare.com

2005 DRW Chevrolet 3500 LLY
AFE cold air intake
pcv reroute
LBZ mp
4" cat back exhaust
Lawnjockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Bought a PCV reroute kit from Husker. This thread is why I did that. Thanks for the info.
YukYuPhat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Thanks Dmax07, I poked around under my hood on sunday looking at this and the only pictures I could find on this forum were to a LLY. I'm ordering the billet crank case fittings and replacing the whole thing instead of adding the elbow at the bottom of the stock "T" like originally planned.

SOLD
'12 LML
H&S/5"/BDS/Kanes/6k

TRADED
06 LBZ
jcnest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.