Hypertech review for 04 LB7 duramax - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Hypertech HyperTech

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Hypertech review for 04 LB7 duramax

I installed a hypertech power programmer on my 04 cc 2500 4x4. I was impressed with the product. I have a 1994 dodge dakota that runs 15.4 -15.5 in the quarter at my local drag strip. I used the dakota to get a ballpark idea of the duramax's power. I raced the dakota against the duramax in a quarter mile run. Doing a 2000 RPM 4x4 launch the durmax put about 5 lengths on the dodge by the end of the quarter. The dakota pulls 2.1 - 2.2 60' times and hits 9.8 in the 1/8 mile. The duramax destroyed the dakota in the 60' and pulled a good distance away in the 1/8 mile.

On a side note, the duramax has a stock air box with a k&n filter, a straight exhaust (no muffler or cat), and I also installed a PPE boost valve. I'd estimate that the truck has a really good shot at breaking into the high 14's. I'll post a follow up when I get a chance to take it to the track.
Madden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Diesel Addict

welcome to the forum,sounds like your having fun..with the right stuff($$$)you can hit 13's..
Old 07-30-2007, 05:23 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Thanks Demaxin,

I've had a couple of GM F-bodies running 13's and really enjoyed them. I think it would be even more fun running that well with a big 4x4. I'm just not real excited about spending 5 grand for a tranny and torque convertor that will hold up to that kind of horsepower. It is awesome that the diesel will make such huge power gains with just ecm mods.

Oh and if I happen to lose my stock tranny after the warranty is up then I'll build it back strong enough to run 13's
Madden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Hey,,,, I just installed the Hypertech programer on my 03 GMC Duramax,,,,I set it to level 2 and OMG, it is unbelievible! I thought this was sort of snake oil, but no way!! When I started the engine after programing it sounded like normal,,,,no differance... I pulled out of the driveway and it felt just like it used to (good thing I guess),,, drove up the road and it felt normal untill I started pressing on the pedal! The truck accelerated agresivelly !! I am impressed and I can't see any reason to go to level 3..
Anyone who needs more power is using it for strictly recreational purposes only. I can't believe what a differance this made. The power was linear, smooth, and extreme. Am I not in touch with reality or are people that complain about the power delivery of this programer being unrealistic? I am a happy camper to say the least!!

Chris
z1nonlyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

i have a power programmer III for my 2002 lb7 , and my check engine light is on , can anyone tell me how to read the diagnostic codes with it , the only options my programmer reads is press Y to keep stock tuning and N to modify , i cannot the option anywhere to check codes
durabletothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
(JESUS)
Supporting Member

hypertech max energy only good for reading and clearing trouble codes...removed it and installed EFI LIVE!!!!
ALLIGATOR Diesel Tranny Lines....
Cognito pitman/idler arm support kit...
PPE tie rod sleeves....
EFI LIVE....DSP5....Trans Go Jr....thanks Jason
((((( JESUS )))))
MUDYZER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.