Heated seats not working? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Heated seats not working?

I have heated leather seats in my 2003 duramax. Both of my seats stopped working at the same time. If I press the switch to heat both the seat and back, the light on the switch will light up for about a minute and then shut off and not heat the seat. If I press just the back switch, the back heat will stay on and will heat the back. Any ideas?????????? Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

fuse?
06LLY- EFILive DSP5 Duramaxtuner, EGR block, 5" exhaust, Banks Ram-Air, pitman/idler braces, Rare Parts tie rods, nicktane-CAT, leveled, Bilstein 5100s, rear airbags, traction bars, road armor bumper, 285/75-16 Dick Cepek F-C II
dmaxhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

better than mine........ my passenger works great.... drivers on the other hand works when i press it but also has a mind of its own likes to come on whenever it wants.. i just leave it unplugged
2005 chevy 4dr SB, Garret 4094-stage-2!! EFI. EDGE CTS ROB FROM IDAHO, 8" Fabteach, 37" pro comps on 18s, straight exhaust AFE intake with mouthpiece, blacked out, custom one of a kind cab lights. full stereo with fosgate shallow 12, FabTech Tie rods. Cognito idler and pitman saver. custom traction bars, Viper Remote Start FOR IPHONE, bd blow off valve. rhino liner Theres More Just Cant Think Of It.. TRAIN HORN!!!!, Diamond Eye DP, Radar/laser Detector--AND JAMMER. fox gauges. air ride bags/ with on board air..Mag Tech Diff Cover
CVBFireman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I'm not very mechanical, but I don't think that it would be a fuse because when I hit the button, the light will come on, but just won't stay on and heat the seat. I am thinking that if it was a fuse, the light wouldn't even come on.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I have the same exact issues….along with other little malfunctions in the inside of the truck (driver side door light sometime stays on, driver side window switches for the other 3 doors doesn't work the windows very well but works the driver side window just fine, sometimes when you shut the truck off, get out and shut the door the radio won't turn off for and extra 30-40 sec) I think my body control module is acting up. I'm no expert but could possibly the start to your module going out also.
EFI Live by Kory Willis...Stage V built trans...pump rub fix...MBRP 5in straight pipe axle dump...diamond eye down pipe….AFE mouthpiece...Volant CAI...Airdog 165...PCV re-route….Plugged…Blocked…Shimmed and Ported...Cognito UCA's and pitman/idler support...Kryptonite tie rods... Trutrac differential...Alpine 7" double din DVD/NAV...Power Bass amp, 2 - 12" Rockford Fosgate subs...Blacked out LED tail lights and 3rd brake light...Remote start and alarm system...Glowshift pod and guages...tow mirrors installed
Dmax4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 11:00 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I had the same issue with mine, I replaced it and the only way I can get it to work properly sometimes if I push my lumbar all the way out and I was told to get the BCM flashed but if your not mechanically inclined, I do not recommend doing it yourself it is a PAIN and just getting it back on and all the clips ya it just sucks an the dealer will rob you blind.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

good to know, cause when i get home i plan on getting another BCM and having it re-flashed to my truck from the "stealership". I was told it wasn't too difficult to get it out from under the steering column area. I just hope it works and it solves all the little interior problems i'm having cause its really getting annoying
EFI Live by Kory Willis...Stage V built trans...pump rub fix...MBRP 5in straight pipe axle dump...diamond eye down pipe….AFE mouthpiece...Volant CAI...Airdog 165...PCV re-route….Plugged…Blocked…Shimmed and Ported...Cognito UCA's and pitman/idler support...Kryptonite tie rods... Trutrac differential...Alpine 7" double din DVD/NAV...Power Bass amp, 2 - 12" Rockford Fosgate subs...Blacked out LED tail lights and 3rd brake light...Remote start and alarm system...Glowshift pod and guages...tow mirrors installed
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the BCM the control modual that you guys are talking about? If so, how much does it run?? I just thought that it was odd that both seats went bad at the same time. I also have a problem with my right rear window. The control at the drivers seat will roll it down, but not up. If I need to roll it up, I have to use the switch on the rr door. I wonder if this is also part of the modual? Like I said earlier, I'm not mechanical...... ya know that you can't be good at everything!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

same thing with me….i roll it down with driver door switch but if I want the window to go up in a timely manner i'll have to go to that door to get the window to go up right
Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax4life View Post
same thing with me….i roll it down with driver door switch but if I want the window to go up in a timely manner i'll have to go to that door to get the window to go up right
Let me know if either of you replace it or flash and it solves the issue I would really like to know! Thanks, Ill check at work and see if I can get a delphi replacement and see how much it will cost me.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.