Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

CTS / insight mounting options?

71K views 95 replies 45 participants last post by  Leveled08 
#1 ·
I would like to see some pics of different mounting possibilities. I am not to keen on mounting it right next to the window. To easy to smash and grab.

#2 ·
Little less conspicuous especially with tinted windows.

Speedometer Auto part Gauge Odometer Vehicle

Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part Auto part

#5 ·
How exactly is that ^^^ mounted, and do you have issues with the visor hitting it/not flippin down all the way?? I've thought about mounting the CTS like that, but it doesn't seem doable with the suction mount. Sticks out way too far.

#6 ·
My CTS is mounted up by the visor like that too. I made a bracket for it and didnt use that suction cup. It fits pretty tight up to the windshield. Its dark out or I would take a pic. I can get one tomorrow though. I like it up there its out of the way and once I get my eyebrow tint you wont even be able to see it up there from the outside.

#11 ·
Can we get some pics of the bracket you made as well. Thanks much...

#7 ·
I'd like to see a CTS mounted in an LMM like that.

#8 ·
Here is where I mounted mine. It is a different body style but I like where it is at because it is out of the way and kind of hidden.

Attachments

#12 ·
After Searching for a mounting option for my NBS standard dash. I decided to make my own mount. It ended up being more of a project then I thought it would be. I started out with a cardboard template that was taped together then put a layer of fiberglass over the cardboard. I then used some Kitty hair filler to help get the shape I wanted , Sanded off more than half that was applied. Then a coat of Rage body filler more sanding. Then a coat of filler primer and more sanding. Finally the paint. I used a urethane black single stage that I mixed half and half with some House Of Color flatting agent. To apply the paint I turned the pressure way down so the paint spit/splattered. The texture turned out great it matches the plastic on the center council. Crappy cell pone pics i didnt feel like going in the house and getting the camera. I will post better pics later.

#56 ·
That is a custom looking set up very impressed, great work. Looking to do something like that for my 2011 Denali

Tubbs

#14 ·
thats pretty rockin--somebody outta pick up that design and make some--I'd get one for sure! Very nice job

#15 ·
I have actually had a few people contact me asking if I would them one. I am going to do some research on how to make a mold for it. Starting from scratch took way to long 10 Hrs.

#18 ·
I will take one to. Let us know. Looks awesome. Best I have seen yet.

#19 ·
I'm impressed.. that is a very nice piece of craftsmanship!

#20 ·
I agree that looks really good!!!

#22 ·
It looks great and all but kind of defeats the purpose of having it..I like mine up where I can actually see the gauges, especially when I'm getting on it or in traffic, lists of bad things can happen with crazy drivers out there or if you're pullin a trailer in heavy traffic..

#23 ·
Any other pics out there for the CTS mounting options? If mounted on the dash near the a pillar, can you dim the unit sufficiently to not blind you at night?

#24 ·
yes you can dim it, i have mine down the point if you really arent looking at it u dont notice it much at all, my radio is brighter

#25 ·
Here's a pic of my CTS mounted. I made a bracket and adapted it to the window mount provided by Edge, then used some heavy duty hook/loop to attach to the dash. I really like it there--I tried it up by the A pillar but didn't like the light in my face so its now out of the way and easy to see/adjust.

Attachments

#26 ·
That never falls off on a rough road or offroad?

#27 ·
nope, solid as a rock. Its some kick-ass hook/loop stuff, a good alcohol cleaning on both surfaces, and some mild stainless/paint work to get the bracket "fit" to the curvature of the dash. I'm super happy w/it and would do it again in a heartbeat.....that said, you need really good, sticky stuff and the curve on the pad needs to match the dash pretty well.

#28 ·
Were did you get the hook and loop stuff at? What brand is it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.