Bad master window switch? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:34 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Bad master window switch?

hey everyone. i have a 2005 sierra 2500. i recently got into my truck and the master window switch was not working. the individual door window switches work, but only the drivers switches dont work. also, the heated seats and only the drivers side front door lock actuator does not work. i took the door panel off and i have good power and ground going to the switch.

the weird thing the power side view mirror still works.
i did notice that the side view mirror, heated seats, door lock actuator all run through the switch. so i assume it's the switch thats faulty.

just wanted to see if anyone had anything similar to this before i throw a master switch at it.

I do not have an EWD to see what wires do what, so i checked the wires blind.

thanks!
banks intake, EFI live. 20" pro comps, with 35''s. 4" trailmaster lift kit. mbrp 5inch exhaust with 7" mbrp tip, diamond eye dp, afe mp. automete pro comp gauges. Fabtech tie rod ends. fluidamper balancer. egr blocker, pcv reroute

1991 gmc syclone
77 ford f150- the mud slut

Last edited by mikec91sy; 09-05-2012 at 06:36 AM.
mikec91sy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

i checked the part number online at gmpartsdirect and the part superceeded to a new part number. so i assume there was a problem with the switches and came out with a new one?
any help would be appreciated.
banks intake, EFI live. 20" pro comps, with 35''s. 4" trailmaster lift kit. mbrp 5inch exhaust with 7" mbrp tip, diamond eye dp, afe mp. automete pro comp gauges. Fabtech tie rod ends. fluidamper balancer. egr blocker, pcv reroute

1991 gmc syclone
77 ford f150- the mud slut
mikec91sy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I had to replace the whole driver side master switch on a co-workers 03 Duramax last weekend.
His power mirrors were erratic and door lock wouldnt work. windows worked fine.
2004.5 - LLY Silverado 2500HD 4x4 CrewCab Suncoast Stage V and 1056 converter - Air Dog II 165 - PPE Race Fuel Valve - LBZ Mouthpiece - Modded Stock Airbox - Banks Hot Pipe - ProFab Downpipe - Diamond Eye 4 Exhaust Edge CTS - Cognito Pit and Idle arm braces - PPE Tie Rod sleeves - EFI Live Tune by Georgia Diesel !! 527rwhp
Just added
- ARP Head Studs with C gaskets PPE Fuel Line LBZ Inj pump Drilled fuel rail fittings AFE cold pipe ProFab Y bridge BD manifold PCV re-route EGR Delete Elec Fans DE 5" Exhaust - HOPING FOR 600+ rwhp next dyno
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec91sy View Post
hey everyone. i have a 2005 sierra 2500. i recently got into my truck and the master window switch was not working. the individual door window switches work, but only the drivers switches dont work. also, the heated seats and only the drivers side front door lock actuator does not work. i took the door panel off and i have good power and ground going to the switch.

the weird thing the power side view mirror still works.
i did notice that the side view mirror, heated seats, door lock actuator all run through the switch. so i assume it's the switch thats faulty.

just wanted to see if anyone had anything similar to this before i throw a master switch at it.

I do not have an EWD to see what wires do what, so i checked the wires blind.

thanks!
mikec91sy, if you would like to provide me with the part numbers you are referring to, I would be happy to see what I can find out for you.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

i have a simillar problem, my rear windows havent worked since i bought the truck, and was told it was just the master switch, but finding a master switch for these trucks are like trying to find a needle in a hay stack..
Ignited 8000k low beams, highbeams, fogs.Banks ram air,bushwaker fender flairs,35'' Nitto Mud Grapplers
RBP 18'' 94r's, RBP RX-2 running boards, RBP RX HD Grille,BD turbo gaurd,Airdog2 165,Longhorn Fab Shop trac bars,alpine 7'' double din, 2 Type S's under the rear seat,trainhorn

Tranny and spinny thing to come!
mxhead6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 05:13 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Master switch issues are common.but first check voltage at motor....power window motors are common also.make sure large orange and black has voltage...at 4 pin plug.

2002 LB7 CC 4X4 NEW TO ME
STRAIGHT PIPE EXAUST,CAI,TUNE.
garyk1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

I've got one out of a '07 Classic. It doesn't have the power folding option though.
Let me know if you need it.

2006 Jetta TDI (daily driver)
eric-satx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 06:24 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? My controls all stopped working but would start working when the door was slammed but have since completely stopped

New motor and coolant reservoir at 219,000

Coming soon: whatever breaks next or my wife will let me buy
bfaucett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I am somewhat in the same boat. my driver side window will go down or up then stop like its stuck or something. Rest of the windows will work fine. wait a while like around 15-20 mins my window works fine. so does anyone know what this could be?

EFI Live Tuned by Pure Addiction Diesel Performance - with edge insight CTS
ch4d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.