HeLp Wet no SOAKED front floors 2008 Sierra - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

HeLp Wet no SOAKED front floors 2008 Sierra

I have a serious amount of water in the carpeting and matting under the driver and passenger floors. I have been plowing a lot getting in and out but it still seems like a lot of water to me hopefully someone else has had this problem and has some ideas. It's bubbling the paint and rusting on the drivers side on the flat metal around the e brake cable not touching the gasket just where the water pools?????????
08LMM08LMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08LMM08LMM View Post
I have a serious amount of water in the carpeting and matting under the driver and passenger floors. I have been plowing a lot getting in and out but it still seems like a lot of water to me hopefully someone else has had this problem and has some ideas. It's bubbling the paint and rusting on the drivers side on the flat metal around the e brake cable not touching the gasket just where the water pools?????????
08LMM08LMM,

Iím sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Sierra vehicle. This may be due to the parking brake cable grommet becoming unseated. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Michelle)
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

i sprayed some carpet cleaner in my floor and literaly put the hose in the truck took off the denali trim piece on the floor and trim around hood release and scrubbed the carpet while i let the hose run and flush out of the truck water just ran off and out then i pulled the carpet up did the same to the back side and the pad and under the pad ehile i was sucking it out with a shop vac completely soaked it flooded it got all the salt and soap out then went to town with the shop vac and an air compressor then put a fan in over night dry as can be then i put some towels doen under my weather techs did this to pass and driver side i was getting rust dripping down from the weather stripping cleaned it all up now i make sure i kick my boots even with weathertechs it still got wet but been good so far
recon smoked headlights cab lights tails 3rd hid hi low fog reverse tint ALL color matched buckstop bumper amp steps and a few other things

2004 GMC CCSB LLY
2010 Platinum Escalade
whitemax&al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys for all the help I just checked the rear floors and try are dry as a none so maybe it is just water from melting snow I'm still gonna check the drain in the ac unit because I'm getting that musty smell when the truck sits a few days without use
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

just off hand, have you wiped a little of the moisture up and smelled it? heater core might be leaking?

06 LBZ, CC SB
52 gal titan
edge juice w/ attitude

nmeyer414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Kinda what I was thinking, heater core leak.

*Air*

*Fuel*

Dyno'd 4/13/13: 643 RWHP/1086 RWTQ

Thanks to A-Star Diesel Performance and Redline Mobile Dyno (George and Willie Loewen)
Duramax381 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

never been able to diagnose my problem, but I was told by a reputable HVAC shop cause I suspected heater core that the way the NBS systems are designed if the heater core goes it will not drain into the cab it will drain out of the condenser drain.

IDK how true that is but they know HVAC and I don't jack with it
Streamer handle mod
Saving for front basket
MudDoc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

It smells like moldy water
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

The heat the truck produces seems to be fine it's hot as hell on high don't know if that makes a diff
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I had a similar issue on drivers side with the floor getting wet. Turned out to be the grommet that goes between the cab post and the door. On the cab post it was wrinkled and letting water run in when it came off the edge of the windshield cowl and down the side. Just a thought.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.