Heated Seat problem....turn on....turns itself back off... - Page 9 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 AM   eBay Motors  #81 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

I'm having the same issue here. It used to be very intermittent, now its every time I drive. I'm going to try adjusting the seat to see if that helps!

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD LB7 ECLB - SOLD 12/30/13
marcalle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   eBay Motors  #82 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thumbs up Heated seats

After 6 turns at the dealer it was the harness and harness placement under the seat. Every time I moved the seat when I bought the truck it had crimped the harness and wires underneath, thus shorting the elements off. Finally fixed in the spring of this year, and so far no issues this winter. Elements did not have to be replaced.
duraj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM   eBay Motors  #83 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

@duraj, I’m sorry to read it took so many trips into the dealership to get this resolved, but I’m happy that you’re able to enjoy this feature this winter.

Happy New Year!

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   eBay Motors  #84 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My issue is both driver and passenger seat heaters do not function from door control and there no functionality of the driver seat controls checked all fuses and circuit breakers they are all good…looking for next steps? This is on 2007 classic
bbarber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 PM   eBay Motors  #85 (permalink)

New to the forum but had this same issue with the seat heaters.

Problem: Passenger seat heater would work sometimes. Driver would shut off after a second or two.

Solution: The heating element in the back was burnt up and shorted out. It causes some kind of little overload or breaker to shut off causing one or both seat heaters to stop working. This seems to be a common problem and is usually the element in the seat back of the driver seat. I ordered this part number on eBay. SOE Solutions 641-106 Seat Heater Pad.

Replacement is relatively easy.
(1) You don't have to remove the seat.
(2) If you feel under the seat back at the bottom there is a long black plastic clip holding the front and back leather together. Undo it.
(3) Work the leather up so you expose the seat back. The heating element will be right there in the lower back section. Peel it off the cushion.
(4) Follow the wires down under the seat and undo two plastic clips.
(5) Stick the new element on and route the wires underneath and plug it back in.
(6) Your seat heaters should work again.

I also was able to get my motors working on my lumbar and the side flap motors on my seat working again by digging in there and unsticking the motors. I still have one motor stuck to restore full functionality of my electronic seat.

Hope this helps!
7seater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 AM   eBay Motors  #86 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Here is a problem that I am having that didn't seem to get covered in this thread. My driver heated seat kicks off like most people are saying BUT if I lean back in the seat and keep turning it on after it kicks off, eventually it will stay on and work great. Once I lean forward in the seat, the heater will kick off.

Any thoughts?
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax MODS: Zone 6" lift, 18" Moto Metal wrapped with Nitto Trail Grapplers, Denali Headlight, Rhino Liner box, Rhino Liner Rockers, S&B Intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, 8" Tip, PPE Programmer.

I buy and sell new/used Fisher, Western and Blizzard snowplows as well as total vehicle customization (including Rhino Liners). Feel free to pick my brain.
Addictuned Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 09:17 PM   eBay Motors  #87 (permalink)

Ok here's my seat problem, similar to some that have been posted.

Driver's heated seat would come on all by itself, I would turn it off and then it would turn back on. If I left it on, it would stay on and get twice as hot as normal.

So I unplugged it under the seat like I've read from here. And now the seats don't heat up, but the door switch constantly tries to turn it on. It makes a clicking noise everytime it tries to come on and will keep on, 20-30 times or more in a row.

I need a fix! Or at least the clicking to stop. BTW, the seat memory still works on the switch.
Tractor supply low profile tool box, B&W in bed hitch, All-on headlight mod
Interior:Escalade gauge cluster, Ipod XM radio Mod, underseat gunvault gun safe, Installed footwell lights,
crew door lights, and glovebox light. Homelink installed in OVC, center console mount for IQ, rear radio control delete
285/75/16 Cooper AT3
averychevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 05:49 AM   eBay Motors  #88 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictuned Duramax View Post
Here is a problem that I am having that didn't seem to get covered in this thread. My driver heated seat kicks off like most people are saying BUT if I lean back in the seat and keep turning it on after it kicks off, eventually it will stay on and work great. Once I lean forward in the seat, the heater will kick off.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a short is occurring when you lean forward. I would remove the elements and inspect them and the wiring for shorts (dark brown/black marks) then replace as necessary.
Stewedpickles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 06:41 PM   eBay Motors  #89 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thank you Stewedpickles!
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax MODS: Zone 6" lift, 18" Moto Metal wrapped with Nitto Trail Grapplers, Denali Headlight, Rhino Liner box, Rhino Liner Rockers, S&B Intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, 8" Tip, PPE Programmer.

I buy and sell new/used Fisher, Western and Blizzard snowplows as well as total vehicle customization (including Rhino Liners). Feel free to pick my brain.
Addictuned Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 07:13 PM   eBay Motors  #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by averychevy View Post
Ok here's my seat problem, similar to some that have been posted.

Driver's heated seat would come on all by itself, I would turn it off and then it would turn back on. If I left it on, it would stay on and get twice as hot as normal.

So I unplugged it under the seat like I've read from here. And now the seats don't heat up, but the door switch constantly tries to turn it on. It makes a clicking noise everytime it tries to come on and will keep on, 20-30 times or more in a row.

I need a fix! Or at least the clicking to stop. BTW, the seat memory still works on the switch.
Mines doing this too.

"Quotes found on the Internet are not always accurate " Abraham Lincolon"
6.6 Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.