Ipod hookup on factory radio? Help.. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:51 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Ipod hookup on factory radio? Help..

Does anybody know if there is an aux. plug on the back of the factory bose 6 disc radio's? I tryed to get my radio out but couldnt get it when i took all the screws out to look? Did I over look something? Help?!?!?

Airdog II 165
K&N cold air intake

crazyhickboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran
Lifetime Supporting Member

Not that I am aware of.

AFAIK the ipod hookups get hardwired into the XM plug.
Durallymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Radio is easy to pull out, unscrew all screws and tug gently on it, it will come out. If need be pry it gently with a flat head screw driver wrapped in a shop towel. Careful not to let it scratch up your a/c controls when it comes out.

There is no AUX plugin 3.5 mm jack for an iPod on the bose radio.

I installed this years ago to my H/U and have my XM Commander Radio plugged into it, couldn't be happier-

GM12-AUXv2

I got it because I hated the FM modulated XM radio receiver I had and using this utilizes the AUX function on our Bose factory systems, making the signal digital and CD Quality (well, if the input is CD quality).

It's plug and play, just get an iPod RCA adapter like this-

Amazon.com: IpodŽ To Rca Cable: Electronics

...and run it through your dash to your center console or something where ever you want your ipod to plug into. If you do it right you could hide your iPod in the center console, make it so it sits in a cup holder, or in the glove box. Do not use a 3.5MM to RCA adapter even though they are cheaper, the sound quality will suffer.
BmW745On19's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

go to best buy they sell one that ties right into the factory wiring harness. you unplug your harness plug the ipod cable harnes in and hook back up your factory harness. you can also run hd radio with this setup.. i love mine!!! its kinda pricey though but i think its def worth it
EFI by ATP , Afe intake, egr blocked, 4" Magnaflow straight pipe, ppe race plug, ported fuel fitting, airdog 150, transgo jr, 20x12 fuel hostage, 6" lift with 35's, kryptonite tierods, centerlink idler/pitman arm brace, 72" trac bars built by me, 8000k HIDs all around

Tres8887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Confidence Antler

I had the same problem getting my radio out, the wiring harness had gotten caught and would only pull out about a couple inches. Take your ac controls out so you can get your hand up underneath behind the back of the radio when you pull it out a little bit and pinch the clips on the back and unplug the wiring harness. And no, there is no aux hook up from the factory, however I am using the iSimple Gateway and it is working well for me.
505/992

-Erik
RitzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzBlitz View Post
I had the same problem getting my radio out, the wiring harness had gotten caught and would only pull out about a couple inches. Take your ac controls out so you can get your hand up underneath behind the back of the radio when you pull it out a little bit and pinch the clips on the back and unplug the wiring harness. And no, there is no aux hook up from the factory, however I am using the iSimple Gateway and it is working well for me.
That's probably the easier solution to mine, but same premise.
BmW745On19's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DMF

I called crutchfield, they have the ipod interface kit that you would need, just is a piggyback harness off of the H/U harness. A little pricey tho.... but worth it, can operate the main ipod controls through the H/U and the sound is crystal clear, probly same thing as tres8887 is talking about

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11...ab=other_items

Last edited by DMF; 02-21-2010 at 10:43 AM.
DMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I purchased the USA-Spec version that was recommend by various people in this forum - do a search on it. Anyway I think it is model #PA11-GM. It goes into one of your XM outputs, so you can still use one XM if you have it. It uses your stering wheel controls and everything. Took me a few hours to install, nothing to to crazy & I love it. Oh ya it charges your ipod too.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

usa-spec is the one i have also and its not that hard to hook up and works great
Mods: transparts stage IV, S/C 1056 converter (built by me), EFI live w/ DSP2, LBZ fuel pressure regulator, 5" flo pro exhaust 6" dual wall tip, airdog 150, PPE billet pickup tube, K&n cold air intake, LB7 mouth piece mod, tripple piller gauge mount w/ fuel pressure,egt and boost, GM touch screen navigation, extang soft bed cover, tow mirrors, debadged
Wheels & Tires: 20"x10" eagle wheels and 33"x12.5"x20" nitto mud grapplers
03lb7dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 04:40 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecheyenneshop View Post
I purchased the USA-Spec version that was recommend by various people in this forum - do a search on it. Anyway I think it is model #PA11-GM. It goes into one of your XM outputs, so you can still use one XM if you have it. It uses your stering wheel controls and everything. Took me a few hours to install, nothing to to crazy & I love it. Oh ya it charges your ipod too.
Being able to use the wheel controls is exactly what I wanted to know, guess I'm using some birthday money on that. Nice avatar, I'v got a 71 I'm gonna restore one day.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, Edge CTS, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint

www.performancetruckproducts.com
biketopia is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.