Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Driving me crazy!!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  tclouse1 
#1 ·
I have a terrible wind noise coming from the top of my driver door. It gets worse with speed and is terrible if theres any sort of a headwind or crosswind. Ive messed with the weather stripping time and time again and cant seem to fix it. any suggestions? :help

#3 ·
Yes had this to on my duramax and s10. Had to grab the top of the door and pull in/down. It bends the top down just enough to seal and no wind. Make sure the window is down. They bend out usually when a wedge is been there if someone locked there keys in there. See body guys do it all the time

#4 ·
Thanks! I actually read this somewhere else today too. And it makes perfect sense because right after i got this truck i locked my keys in it and had to wedge it cause i was in a hurry. Which would be why i thought the truck came like that since it was so long ago lol. Ill give it a try and post up the results on the next windy day. Which should be tomorrow. Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow too so ill be in business now! :D

#8 ·
You're grabbing the entire window frame, not just the top flap. Start with a little weight and get a feel for it, you don't want to end up with a taco for a door :) When I did mine I put a knee into the door panel for leverage and hung from the window frame, and tugged a little at a time.

#9 ·
are you doing this with the door closed or open? I don't know why but im still confused haha

#10 ·
Ensure the window is down before pulling on open door.

#11 ·
Sorry i didnt post again guys but as the others said with their experiences, i did this and my wind noise got better. Did it again and it went away. Actually drove down the interstate today at about 75mph with a hard crosswind (when it was loudest) and it was quiet as can be. Hope this solves yours as well!

#12 ·
So is this the correct procedure? Roll the window down and with the door open, grab the top of the door and pull down/in?

#13 ·
Yes this is correct...as someone said before get a feel for it..you can pull too hard lol..also you can try taking a dollar bill or any thin piece of paper and close it in the door then trying at different locations pull it out and see where has the least/most resistance and you can find your trouble spots. Hope this helps!

#14 ·
thank you!

#15 ·
If that doesn't fix your problem you can always check where the weather stripping fits onto the truck. It can get dirt and what not between it over time and make a little noise too. From my personal experience you will usually leak a little water with that as well. Hope you get it figured out! :thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.