Improving '11 LTZ Interior... - Page 9 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 PM   eBay Motors  #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKINV8 View Post
You're welcome to if you think it'll benefit your thread in any way, but one of these days I'll take some good pictures to throw up on my profile. Probably after I have the wood grain stuff airbrushed, but that's waiting on me to make up my mind on what I want.

Have you considered something like airbrushing for the piece you're having issues with? I'd think that would look better than an actual brush.
Cool, I'll just let you post 'em when you're ready then. Thanks for the tips, once my installer saw your seat belt trim black he had to do mine as well, I'm very happy with the change:

As you can see we left the panel behind the b-pillar with the AL look for now, if I don't like it we'll go to black with it.

-TJ

The Truck: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - LML/Allison - LTZ Plus - Z71 4x4 - Cognito Stage 5 "Platinum" UCA Leveling Kit - Toyo M/Ts on 18x9" - H&S Black Maxx (w/ pyro) - AFE full delete Downpipe and 5" (w/ Muffler) - Banks CAI - LineX Ultra - Suede and Brushed Stainless Interior - Infotainment (Z928HD - Hertz Components, Amps and Subs)
The Rails:
2009 SCU Pro Bro - 700HP Dry Sump LS7 - PBS Sequential
2007 Extreme Double Throw Down - 700HP Twin Turbo LS1 - Mendi S4S Sequential
To haul it around: 2006 Weekend Warrior LE 3505+2'
tjZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 PM   eBay Motors  #82 (permalink)

how did you take the headliner out?

and is that an rx7 in the background?

2012 LT blue LML CC/SB 20% tint 6,k hid's N-Fab Nerf Bars, pioneer avh-p8400bh, MBRP 5'', DRP down pipe, EGR block off with DRP up-pipe, H&S MINI-MAXX, DRP 3'' driver side intercooler pipe AirDog 165 built tranz is on the way
wheelie-king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 PM   eBay Motors  #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie-king View Post
how did you take the headliner out?

and is that an rx7 in the background?
I wish I knew... I'm still in New Zealand on business. A good buddy of mine runs the shop doing the work so I can check with him. And yes, that is a FD RX7, I believe that car has a turbo LS7 and a T56 in it IIRC. They get some pretty decent cars through the shop. Here are a few that are there with my D'max right now:

-TJ

The Truck: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - LML/Allison - LTZ Plus - Z71 4x4 - Cognito Stage 5 "Platinum" UCA Leveling Kit - Toyo M/Ts on 18x9" - H&S Black Maxx (w/ pyro) - AFE full delete Downpipe and 5" (w/ Muffler) - Banks CAI - LineX Ultra - Suede and Brushed Stainless Interior - Infotainment (Z928HD - Hertz Components, Amps and Subs)
The Rails:
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 AM   eBay Motors  #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjZ06 View Post
I wish I knew... I'm still in New Zealand on business. A good buddy of mine runs the shop doing the work so I can check with him. And yes, that is a FD RX7, I believe that car has a turbo LS7 and a T56 in it IIRC. They get some pretty decent cars through the shop. Here are a few that are there with my D'max right now:

-TJ
i was thinking of doing the same on my truck. with the all the suede. i have 3 rolls laying around but someone on here said, the back glass has to be removed for the headliner to come out. im really doubting that. but after taking my stock bulbs out and seeing how GM came up with that bright idea you never know.. lol

and thats some bad ass car right there.. i miss my RX way to much and i cant find my hard drives that have the pictures of that car. but an ls7 turbo in that car would be a fun car.. just had a 20B with a gt42R lol nothing to big lol

your truck is gonna be sick when it done are you doing any suede on your seats? and are those your wheels your putting on the truck?

2012 LT blue LML CC/SB 20% tint 6,k hid's N-Fab Nerf Bars, pioneer avh-p8400bh, MBRP 5'', DRP down pipe, EGR block off with DRP up-pipe, H&S MINI-MAXX, DRP 3'' driver side intercooler pipe AirDog 165 built tranz is on the way
wheelie-king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM   eBay Motors  #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie-king View Post
i was thinking of doing the same on my truck. with the all the suede. i have 3 rolls laying around but someone on here said, the back glass has to be removed for the headliner to come out. im really doubting that. but after taking my stock bulbs out and seeing how GM came up with that bright idea you never know.. lol

and thats some bad ass car right there.. i miss my RX way to much and i cant find my hard drives that have the pictures of that car. but an ls7 turbo in that car would be a fun car.. just had a 20B with a gt42R lol nothing to big lol

your truck is gonna be sick when it done are you doing any suede on your seats? and are those your wheels your putting on the truck?
My installer said he got the headliner in and out without taking out th eback window. No suede in the seats right now. I actually want to swap in cooled seats someday.

Here are a few more shots of the FD:

And no, those wheels aren't for my truck. I'm staying with the ones on it.

-TJ

The Rails:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM   eBay Motors  #86 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

TJ, truck looks great, I like the vinyl and suede work. Nice job.
Tucker SMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   eBay Motors  #87 (permalink)

Getting closer:

Don't worry, the big sticker is just for a photo-shoot.

-TJ

The Rails:
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM   eBay Motors  #88 (permalink)

Do you know if he's putting in actual suede or alcantara?
SMOKINV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 01:17 AM   eBay Motors  #89 (permalink)

Quote:
it looks like you had to do a seam on the DS pillar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjZ06 View Post
And yes, a seem was needed with the shape of that panel.

-TJ
To revisit this topic, here's the pic that SMOKINV8 was talking about:

And here's a pic that shows you why it was necessary:

IMHO this is really top-notch high-end work. I don't think you'll see a lot of D'maxs with hand-stitched suede.

Quote:
Do you know if he's putting in actual suede or alcantara?
It is actual Suede. Some like one better than the other, but few can really tell the difference.

Some other random shots...

A better view of the grain of the vinyl on the dash trim. We're still cleaning up the fit, but you can blame GM for that:

My lowly tow rig with some fast toys:

More trim:

-TJ

The Rails:
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   eBay Motors  #90 (permalink)

man you have done alot to that interior I would love something like that for my truck what would something like that cost to get done?

05 GTO M6 SLP exhaust K&N intake for now

04 silverado DD> 4" RXC lift 33's plasti dip flat white
corvetteandsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.