Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

High Idle option/mod

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ob_1jr 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the new 2016 LTZ ZR1 DURAMAX come with the high idle option? Im in the market for a new/used DMAX and i want the high idle option...
LMK

Steve

#2 ·
Most new trucks come with "elevated idle"

#3 ·
So do the 2016 LTZ's come with the elevated idle standard or option

#4 ·
I would say yes. BUt that being said. Chevy is known for building some really weird optioned trucks.

#5 ·
Elevated idle is standard. There is another High idle feature but thats not standard on all truck.

Elevated idle is for cold weather. It only comes on when outside & coolant temp are below a certain temp.

High idle feature is really for PTO use. You turn it on/off using the cruise control. This can be a dealer add on option.

#6 ·
Thanks HD :drink, this is what i wanted to know. I put the PTO feature on my truck and my friends 16' RAM came stock with the PTO feature. I thought by now all of them would have it standard.
It is a great feature to have hot or cold climates.

#8 ·
Yeah for the 2016's, it is a $200 "option". I don't see why it wouldn't be standard though. I guess it is a way for the manufacturer to get every dime out of you they can. Too bad it wasn't like the older trucks where it just needed to be wired in for pennies on the dollar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.