Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Newb to fullsize's from Ontario

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  SuitsandBoots 
#1 ·
Hey! My name is Logan, and im from the out skirts of Ottawa, Ontario. Im picking up my first full size GM this week. I had to have a diesel in it. Its a 2005 2500HD Sierra. Ive always has Blazers and S10's. Now I need a good tow rig for my Blazer. Im sick of breaking the jeep parts and having to fix it on the trail.

Pick of it after I signed the papers:

Dealers picks:

My Blazer:

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome...nice looking rig there.....

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum

#8 ·
Welcome Logan,

Where in Ottawa did you buy it? Where in Ottawa are you located?

I am in Barrhaven..

Cheers
Dan

#9 ·
I got it from the 4x4 store here in Carleton Place. Wanted to buy private, but couldent get the loan. Yet my bank that denied my load, approved the loan to get this truck through the dealer. Kinda f'd up. A few grand more then I wanted to spend, but this will help my credit out a lot.

#10 ·
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum. Get rid of the tonneau cover.

#12 ·
Thanks guys. Tonneau cover will stay for now. Keep the snow out of the back. The wing is getting removed right away. When I get rid of the body lift, and go with a leveling kit. I will be getting a 5th wheel and a retractable hard cover.
Also will probably be getting a custom winch bumper made by a local company, and a local store sells keeper 17,500lbs winches for $700 every now and then. Or go with Runava 13,500lbs winch.
Its gonna be primarily used for the wifes day care, but ill be using it on the weekends to go wheeling, towing, and plowing once I get a bigger plow. The personal plow off my Blazer is way too small for this truck.

#14 ·
Welcome to DMaxForums
You couldn't have picked a better tow rig.

#15 ·
Hi Logan,

Nice truck 4x4 store was here in Ottawa. Welcome, if you interested in a tonneau cover send me an IM I bought one, it was 1300 plus tax, I got it for 700 it's the BakFlip HD, love it send me a message if your interested.
Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.