Tacoma Owner - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Introductions Introduce yourself here

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Tacoma Owner

Hey y'all, the names Cameron and I'm an MP in the SOuth Carolina National Guard and I currently drive a 09 Tacoma. It's got a few mods done to it and a 3" lift. I was a member on tacoma world.com and I recently decided that I've had enough of a small size pick up and I need 4x4 all the time for hunting and it's getting annoying. I'm selling my truck before I go to afganistan and I'm planning on getting a duramax when I get home and wanted to start doing some research so I can buy the right used truck and decide what mods I want to do.
SNACKMIX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

What are you wanting to do with it? Performance? Towing? Offroad? Do you have a budget?
Danville Tuned
305/50/20
looking for more fuel and air....
mcle6103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Well I'm probably looking for a 03 bodystyle with a short bed and crew cab or extended cab with a 6" lift and some performance like exhaust a chip and anything to help with mileage. My budget would probably be around 27-29000
Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKMIX View Post
Well I'm probably looking for a 03 bodystyle with a short bed and crew cab or extended cab with a 6" lift and some performance like exhaust a chip and anything to help with mileage. My budget would probably be around 27-29000
okey dokey well tough country and zone make half decent lifts. Get ahold of Norcal Nick on here, he is the suspension guru if you want it done right.

Performance you're gonna want EFI Live. Don't bother with the canned tuners. They're sh!t. Get ahold of any of the vendors here and they'll hook you up with ATP tunes or Korys tunes.

As for the truck, find one that has already had the injectors replaced or get your checkbook ready because those models always have injector problems.

BTW your budget is waaaay more than enough for an 03. You could step up the model year for what you're willing to pay.

Oh and an exhaust is easy, MBRP and Diamond Eye are the popular and good kits. 4 inch will suffice but you get more rumble with a 5 inch. Something the vendors can all help with
Danville Tuned
305/50/20
looking for more fuel and air....

Last edited by mcle6103; 02-26-2013 at 09:08 AM.
mcle6103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Thanks man I appreciate the help. And I just really like those bodystyles and any money I end up saving ill put into the duck hunting boat ha
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKMIX View Post
Thanks man I appreciate the help. And I just really like those bodystyles and any money I end up saving ill put into the duck hunting boat ha
If you want to stick with the OBS body style you probably want to find an LBZ engine. I think this package would give you the body style you want and not need to worry about the injector problems of the previous years.

2001- 2004 have LB7 engines
05-06 LLY
06-07.5 LBZ
07.5-10 LMM (New Body Style)
11+ LML
EFI Live DSP5 from ATP/Rob, port and polished stock IHI turbo w/ Batmo Wheel, 3" Down Pipe, 4" straight pipe from the downpipe, intake horn mod, modded air box, custom overhead gauge console, pyro and boost gauges
Cognito UCA, Kyrptonite Straight Centerlink and Tierods, BFG KM2 255-85 on stock wheels

Truck Pictures
Bumper Build
www.performancetruckproducts.com
Bear9350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Donnie 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD cc/sb Debadged 5in straight pipe MPI twins 60% Big Dipper nozzels EFI live tuned by Rob at ATP PVC reroute Bank 3in IC pipe PPE Race Vavle & Ported Fuel Rail Fitting CP3 High Flow Feed Line Kit Raptor 150 lift pump built trans by Big Dipper EGR delete with 3in Y-bridge BD manifold Tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light Recon smoked LED cab lights LED tailgate bar Big Rig amber running lights 8K hids lows & driving Fuel Hostage rims Nitto 420's 305/50/20 3in drop shackles traction bars PPE straight centerlink Rareparts tierods Rancho steering stablizer and shocks line X Bed liner billet fuel door
http://www.atptrucks.com/
RedMax316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

welcome to the forum.
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
So Long Space Cowboy...
Supporting Member

LBZ Or LMM if your budget is under $30k, your good to get some pretty nice rigs!

where are you located?

Mostly Stock, Deleted, Kory's Tunes, 45% Exergy Injectors, Airdog,
20x10 Stealth Black BMF R.E.P.R.'s Wrapped in 305/50R20 Toyo Proxes ST1's,
Stage 3 Dmaxstore Front End, AGR SB2 Gearbox, Isspro Gauges, and a stock trans...

3rd Coast Diesels- Member #2
j.stanton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

LBZ is the way to go.
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.