Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New guy from Alberta

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  diggetydawg 
#1 ·
Hey all. Derek here, I joined this forum since it's filled with knowledge.. Looking to get out of my 14 silverado 1500 w/6.2 and into a 2500hd.

Basically don't want payments anymore. My brother has a 07.5 duramax and said he'd prob never go back to a gas so I'm intrigued.

Found a decent rig locally, 2007 classic dmax w/166km for about 30k. Problem now is selling mine to buy this one lol Also, is there anything major to keep an eye out for when looking?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#3 ·
Welcome! Nice to see another Albertan. Where are you from?

#6 ·
welcome friend

#8 ·
welcome to the forum fellow Albertan!! Heyyaa

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum. As far as rig trucks go looks are deceving low milage but the s#it run out of them -check the drive train underside of truck . I looked for along time to get mine but it paid off .Good luck

#16 ·
Ya that's the issue I'm having. Been looking for a couple months and its hard to find one with low kms thats untouched.

Don't really want a lift, maybe a level in the front and some 33s. Lbz is what I'm after too.

#17 ·
Welcome

#24 ·
Yep. You need a post count of 25 to post there.

Like OIL99 said, take your time. No need to rush into any truck. You'll find a good one eventually. I'd even wait till summer, that's when they seem to be the cheapest.

#22 ·
Welcome from Drayton Valley! Hard to find low km units in Alberta. Even old foggies ( like me ) put a lot of KMS on the units. How much do you want to spend? I will keep my eyes open!

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.