Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2011 Duramax wrecked

4K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  KansasLLY 
#1 ·
New member here,and new to diesel trucks, this is my first diesel truck and i decided to go with duramax, just got a 2011 Silverado Duramax with 143k miles,truck is from ALABAMA and i just got it home to Pennsylvania, got it wrecked and will start working on it here shortly!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! Planning on just getting it back to original condition or are you going to build/modify? Always thought getting a dmax with some mostly cosmetic damage would be a great way to build a truck the way you want on the cheap.

#4 ·
welcome friend, I am sure you will enjoy it!

#6 ·
Welcome. Best of luck on the rebuild.

Looking forward to seeing the picks when its done.

#7 ·
Lol if you're gonna put so much money into it and plan on keeping it. I would definitely while you're at it recommend putting a good paint or something under the truck and the frame

#10 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#11 ·
Welcome

#24 ·
ok so i need to replace my Pitman arm and Idler arm on my 2011 Duramax, can anyone tell me how i do that on these new models? i did some research and couldnt find anything, looks like i have to remove whole steering box, and to remove that box i have to remove my sway bar, a lot of work, is there any easier way to do it?

#25 ·
Takes balls gettin into a truck like this! Welcome brother, lookin forward to seeing your progress.

#26 ·
Thank you, that was a tough job replacing some spindles and control arms, almost died but replaced it all myself with only one jack, now my steering has a lot of play, looking to replace whole steering box with tie rods, wanna make sure its all good,pain in the A** with all that heavy duty stuff but this is what i got it to so far...

#29 ·
Welcome to the Duramax Forum, Hope you find all fo the information your looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.