Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New member from Northern BC!

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Supreme 
#1 ·
Hey guys, first time diesel owner here.

Let's do a little introduction, am far from being a beginner when it comes down to trucks.

My baby is a 1988 Chevrolet S10, and she supports a 400sbc with a 700R4 backed behind it. She has the original paint from 1988, and I've owned her for almost 10 years now.

A 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, with a 4.3L V6, 4L60E. Lowered RCSB. Nothing too special, rolled on 22's K&N intake, stock exhaust, Rockford Fosgate audio, 5/7 drop. Road on rails.

Next for my truck line-up I had a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Nevada Edition, extended cab, 6.5ft bed. 4.8L, 4L60E, 4WD. I had put some decent time and money into her, with a full Dynomax Catback, OE fog lights, and converted the 35w bulbs over to 9005 bulbs. Along with doing a Hi-6 modification. I followed along with installing a Westin Light mount, 4 KC HiLites, Weathertech Ventvisors, De-badged and De-molded. Installed OE white mirror caps and door handles, an ANZO tailgate 5-function light, K&N Blackhawk intake, TCI shift kit, jumbo-servo kit, MSD coils, and wires. Upgraded the stock alternator to the high output version, found on most 5.3L trucks. Rough Country 2.5" level/lift, 33" AMP M/T's on 20" Rozzi Vixens, painted in a shadow-chrome. Was one sweet truck.

^^My wife, Sam. Pregnant at the time with our Son, Carter.

The next truck came after my first and only son was born. About 9-days after he was born, to be exact! This girl was a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2LT, Z71 that was LOADED. Crew cab, 6.5ft bed, 4wd, 5.3L Ecotec3, backed by a 6L90E. Not the 6L80E. She had the MAX trailer package. The mods weren't so great on her, as followed was a custom exhaust that dumped behind the passenger rear wheel, Oracle rock lights that I put into the steps for reverse lights, Hi-6 modification, T-Rex Torch LED grille, De-badge, painted the factory rims in a graphite grey. Also tuned it with a Diablosport tuner. P.S. do not be alarmed. The truck on the trailer is my Dad's 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, she has a 5.3L AFR heads, 150shot, loads of head work, custom exhaust, etc. Towing it to get her alignment done.

^That was a long drive! 30+ hours straight for that travel trailer. Damn good price though! 2005 Jayco Jayflight, 28RLS with a super slide. Awesome trailer.

Now my current girl is a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLE, not nearly as loaded like my old '14, but I have quite the travel trailer, and I do need something to tow it, along with taking my 2016 Can-Am Defender HD10 DPS along with it.

^My Can-Am Defender.

I don't have much for a recent photo of the new truck, and as current tid-bits go, she has been rhino-lined, installed some nice gatorback mudflaps on her, and have ordered up AVS in-channel vent visors, de-badged..(Lasted a whole honest week with it badged..)

Here is a photo of her, new right off the car trailer.

And to put a face to the name!

My name is Tom, and here is myself and family! I hope I can learn a lot from you guys, and hopefully be part of the new Duramax crew, and I'll try and get some more pictures up!

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#7 ·
Welcome

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum

The S10 has to be some fun, with a little ballast in the back I'd think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.