Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Like father like son

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  onetigger725 
#1 ·
figured i post it here, since i am new to this forum.i am 17 (18 on feb 23rd) and i reticently joined my father as a proud duramax owner. i bought my 02 GMC LB7 CCLB 4x4 in november of 2016, and dont get me wrong she is no beauty queen, 380k on the clock and plenty of quirks. but for a first truck, she is the beast ive dreamed of. i recently put a big ole ranch hand bumper on her to match my cousins 03 GMC CCSB, let me tell you i could probably t-bone a car at 50 mph and id be fine. a tuner and exhaust will be coming soon, already have a toolbox and headache rack in the bed. 20" rims with street tires, not my kind of setup but it does ride very nice. my dad had a 98 dodge 3500 12v cummins up till 2009, then he bought a 2008 chevy duranax 2500HD CCSB Z71 Maxx package, had every bell and whistle you could name. only about 250 maxx package trucks made, he sold that november last lear, and has just recently bought an 01 Chevy 2500HD ECSB texas edition, super sharp truck. i will post pics later. anyways great to be here!

#2 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#10 ·
plenty lol injectors were done at 335K, turbo was rebuilt at some point. probably other stuff, i got a big ole manila folder full of receipts and I havent got thru it all yet lol. just today put an edge juice w/ attitude 5 position tuner today, man what a difference! she actually rolls some coal now haha, i think my tranny has seen its better days though. 380k is a lot, even for an allison lol.

#5 ·
welcome

#6 ·
I really like the 01-02 models. They look better than the following model imho. I had a gasser 02. Watch out for rust. It was a good truck, but the previous owner didn't wash it much, and I was chasing rust on everything; brake lines, fuel lines, calipers, rocker panels...I do kind of miss him though. Good old Rufus. Best deal I ever got on a vehicle.

#7 ·
Welcome to the DF! Sounds like a great first Duramax for you! Enjoy the truck and the mods that you will do to her!

#8 ·
Welcome

#11 ·
welcome

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.