Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New to duramax so here I am

697 views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  DirtyMarx 
#1 ·
Just bought a really nice 2011 GMC 3500 dually 4x4 with only 19k miles a few days ago and have already put 1300 miles on it. It appears to be mostly stock other than a S&B intake and 61 gal. aftermarket fuel tank. We spend a LOT of time pulling our 16k lb 5th wheel rv around the west and there are mountains every direction we go. We had been using my hotrodded '97 dodge 3500 but decided to get something newer. I've never left anything stock in my life so this will get some changes. The biggest issue now is the "chucking" on any uneven surface, that's when the 5th wheel bumps the truck fore & aft and it gets annoying quickly. I have some ideas to modify the rear suspension to lower it a couple inches and soften the spring rate a bit. I had the dodge sorted very well for towing and will get this one there too, eventually. I look forward to posting what I do in the other parts of the forums.

Ken

#2 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#3 ·
welcome

#4 ·
Welcome

#9 ·
Welcome. Firestone makes a great onboard air/bag system. E Trailer.com also makes a great plug in play in bed RV plug that keeps the factory bumper location as well. I may be telling you what you already know but I really enjoy these pulling our 5'er.

Great find with low miles. I would suggest a lift pump and fuel additives with lubricity like optilube. This place is a great source of answers for your questions.

Safe travels my friend!!!

#10 ·
Welcome!

GREAT find, how about posting some pics for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.