Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/maintenance/)
-   -   Fumoto Oil Drain Valve (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/maintenance/116980-fumoto-oil-drain-valve.html)

mainec 01-15-2012 10:41 AM

I bought a knock off one at the autoparts store and it leaked so I went back to OEM!!

Dirtbikindad393 01-16-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 (Post 1453033)
I have one on my truck and it's handy as heck. I do keep a 6" piece of clear vinyl tubing on mine that I pinch closed with a small hose clamp. I don't think one could open accidentally but I'm a worry-wort with 2 gallons of oil in my 50K truck. I use the tubing to fill a gallon milk jug, close the valve, then fill the next jug.

I also have them on my Honda CR-V and the brides Town & Country.

They would never accidently open but for those that worry we sell the insurance policy in the safety clip which when installed the valve couldn't open period!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowpatrol (Post 1453341)
i have had one for 125,000 miles. no run's, no drips, no error's. if you do your own oil changes they are a must have !

Agreed!! :thumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainec (Post 1453729)
I bought a knock off one at the autoparts store and it leaked so I went back to OEM!!

We back our valves 100% if you buy from us and you ever have one that leaks we will replace it free!

Dmax Fumoto Valves

farmer14 01-16-2012 04:45 PM

^^ so this will not open when i go in tall grass or in corn fields? seems like a corn field rubble would hit it open.

lavarock 01-16-2012 09:19 PM

If you use the safety clip I would say it would be impossible to open the valve. I use one not the reason I am worried about it opening from high grass or such. I am worried about a 10 year old crawling under the truck and opening the valve.

TDFDiesel 01-16-2012 09:20 PM

They drain slow, but I like it.

TXbobber 01-16-2012 09:31 PM

That's pretty neat, I might get one.

Dirtbikindad393 01-16-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmer14 (Post 1455713)
^^ so this will not open when i go in tall grass or in corn fields? seems like a corn field rubble would hit it open.

Nope not even without a safety slip but with the safety clip I guarantee it won't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavarock (Post 1456203)
If you use the safety clip I would say it would be impossible to open the valve. I use one not the reason I am worried about it opening from high grass or such. I am worried about a 10 year old crawling under the truck and opening the valve.

Or an older person with a grudge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDFDiesel (Post 1456204)
They drain slow, but I like it.

I know people say they drain slow but I really don't find oil changes a race. It's about efficiency and cleanliness for me. I take the dust cover off my valve put the hose on and direct thru the hole in my catch pan. Open the valve and move the pan under the filter and remove the filter while its draining. By the time I get the new filter on the pan is drained. I close the valve clean the inside with a q-tip and replace the cover. I will never own a vehicle without one again. :thumb

Fumoto Valve

Hondarider552 01-16-2012 09:42 PM

14 qts was too slow for me for it to drain, so I threw it up in my attic to be found in a few years.

TXbobber 01-16-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondarider552 (Post 1456240)
14 qts was too slow for me for it to drain, so I threw it up in my attic to be found in a few years.

If you don't want it you should give it to me :)

TDFDiesel 01-16-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXbobber (Post 1456244)
If you don't want it you should give it to me :)

I think he said if you drive to AZ and find it in the attic it's yours.