Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Which replacement filter for stock air intake. LBZ

17K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Wicked Mayhem 
#1 ·
Seems like the air filter to get is the blue Donaldson? But from what I've read they are all gone by now. So what's the next best brand air filter to go with for the stock LBZ air box? I've put almost 10k miles on my truck since I've gotten it and it has 67k on it. Not sure if it's been changed before.

#2 ·
AC Delco, or stick with the Donaldson (white) filter.

#4 ·
I use the stock filters. I had 50K on my first 08. I cut the filter open when I changed it and it still had half its life.

#5 ·
Donaldson white, 99.95% just short of a HEPA filter at 99.99. The Blue OEM Donaldson was rated at 99.98 IIRC. You can order the Volant intake with the Blue Donaldson PowerCore rated at the 99.98% The blue ones are the Donaldson nano-fiber filters.

If it is blue and in the LBZ airbox it should be OEM and good for at least 75,000 depending on what part of the country you live. Have not read much about the restriction gauge to know how accurate it is, anyone?

#10 ·
The Donaldson Powercore G2 Filter(Blue) is 99.97% efficient at 800 CFM. OEM (AC Delco) is supposedly 99.91-99.95% efficient (LML) although I would doubt it's tested anywhere near 800CFM to achieve that percentage. And just as a comparison S&B rates their filters at 99.72% at 612 CFM. S&B are the only aftermarket filter manufacturer to post these percentage & efficiency numbers on their website based on ISO 5011 testing.

#6 ·
It has a white filter in it right now. From what I remember when I pulled it out to mod my air box there wasn't any markings that stood out to me. Filter looked fine at the time.

#8 ·
Google PPE air box mod, I did not do it to mine as it looked like a hack job and could POSSIBLY allow water into the filter and ruin it. It applies to the LBZ air box

This is what I did and did make a difference in turbo spool up,

#9 ·
I did mine like the how to shows on the site.

#11 ·
I went with a stock Ac Delco replacement from O'Reilly. It had all the same markings as the one I took out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.