Cost to replace coolant hoses - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Maintenance Discuss scheduled maintenace, capacities, filter part numbers, etc.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
alvero
Lifetime Supporting Member

Cost to replace coolant hoses

My truck is leaking antifreeze somewhere. Last time the "turbo coolant hose" was replaced; $400. Now it's leaking again when I get on it hard. Somebody suggested replacing all the hoses while they are there but if one hose was 400 dollars then how much should it cost to replace all the hoses?
2002 LB7 CC/SB 2500HD 4x4. 202,000+ miles. 20% over industrial injection injectors.EfiLive-duramaxtuner.com. Airdog II 165. PPE Stage 5 Allison. Kryptonite HD tierods. Banks Monster Duals w/ muffler delete. Bill's custom intake. PPE Boost valve. Bill's custom intakes turbo horn. AMSOIL front-back w/ dual remote bypass.
Icbal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 10:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
alvero

So everyone has all original hoses?
2002 LB7 CC/SB 2500HD 4x4. 202,000+ miles. 20% over industrial injection injectors.EfiLive-duramaxtuner.com. Airdog II 165. PPE Stage 5 Allison. Kryptonite HD tierods. Banks Monster Duals w/ muffler delete. Bill's custom intake. PPE Boost valve. Bill's custom intakes turbo horn. AMSOIL front-back w/ dual remote bypass.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:34 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Guru

where is it leaking??
EFI Live, AFE hot/cold intercooler tubes, SDP EGR delete,5" MBRP straight pipe, 3" Diamondeye Downpipe, Bills custom intake, AFE turbo mouthpiece, Edge CTS Insight, Recon taillights, cab lights, and tailgate light bar, 8000K HID's, PacBrake Air bags, 06 grille, Reflexxion Cowl hood, Pioneer 3100 double din,
Click picture to be redirected to Meyerperformance.com
Price match Guarantee!
kman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
alvero

It hasn't been looked at yet so I don't know. I wonder how difficult it would be to fix myself?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Guru

it could be coming from overflow hose..is your upper radiator hose hard after sitting all night?
EFI Live, AFE hot/cold intercooler tubes, SDP EGR delete,5" MBRP straight pipe, 3" Diamondeye Downpipe, Bills custom intake, AFE turbo mouthpiece, Edge CTS Insight, Recon taillights, cab lights, and tailgate light bar, 8000K HID's, PacBrake Air bags, 06 grille, Reflexxion Cowl hood, Pioneer 3100 double din,
Click picture to be redirected to Meyerperformance.com
Price match Guarantee!
kman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
alvero

I'll check when it gets out of the bodyshop. The reservoir is depleted fairly quickly, then it takes awhile before the low coolant light to come on, maybe a month or so. It hasn't ever overheated.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Administrator

could be a leaky waterpump too....I am still running original hoses though (knock on wood)
TST Powermax Programmer, Diablosport Predator
305/70-16 BFG T/A KOs on Eagle Alloys Series 187
Clifford remote start. High Idle, Bilstein 5100s, 1.5" lift blocks
CAT fuel filter w/ nicktane adapter
Magnum Force Stage 2 intake with AMSOIL filter
Racor 2 Micron pre-OEM with heater & water sep
Lightforce 140s from Madjackracing
http://WWW.ATPTRUCKS.COM/
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 04:45 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Mine had a leak that I thought was from the heater core hoses, turned out to be a little 2inch piece of 3/4 hose coming from the front of the engine to the egr cooler. It was spraying coolant straight back on the firewall right were the heater core pipes go through the firewall. Its kinda hard to see it but really hard to get to...
JRENIGAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Yea still have factory hoses but the hoses shouldn't be that much aftermarket.
homemade boost valve
EFI live dsp5 by Idaho Rob
Airdog II 165
and hopefully much more to come:rockin
1slowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 10:55 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
alvero

Ok from what I've been reading I checked a few things. Radiator hose is not too pressurized; I can get them to touch but it's got more pressure than my dads lly. There is no coolant smell in exhaust. No bubbles in reservoir tank. I have a bottle on the overflow right now. Could it be the new waterpump? Is there any better way to tell if it's headgasket??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.