Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Rotella at wall mart

13K views 73 replies 33 participants last post by  paytonlb7 
#1 ·
Wall Mart now sells rotella 15 40 in a 2 1/2 gallon jug for $30. Exactly ten quarts, great deal and a duramax oil change in one bottle.

#5 ·
I was in walmart one day and the 2 1/2 gallon jugs were on sale for $21. needless to say I bought quite a few at that price.

#67 ·
The first time I saw the 2 1/2 jugs they had a ton of them in the front of the store and the had them on sale for about $21. I would think they bought them in bulk and had the sale. It is still cheeper than any where else.

#7 ·
I saw them back in june for $26. Didn't need at the time. Now none of them around here have the 10qts.

#10 ·
I've been buying those jugs of rotella from wally world for 3 years now. They were $23 when i started and now i pay $26.

#14 ·
I used to run Delo 400 then now tried Rotella which is right now. The Rotella works good but I noticed mine likes the Delo better. This week I will be getting Canada Petrol. Much better oil for nearly the same price as the Rotella in 10 quarts :)

#16 ·
it is good stuff. I switched an love it

#19 ·
you guys need to really do some research about rotella, its not what it used to be. Oil is one thing you really dont want to go "cheap" on.

#21 ·
apparently you dont know how to read. i said its not what it used to be, they have recently made changes to the oil, you notice everyone elses price went up over the past years, in this thread even someone said how the price is nearly the same, wonder how they done that? go do your research again. i'll find you the link after work today. im just trying to save you the trouble. its your truck.

#25 ·
x2- It must of been somebody elses 175k motor I took apart that looked brand new inside.:rolleyes:

#26 ·
either you mean 10qt or I'm joining sam's club! :rof

#24 ·
Rotella at walmart actually pisses me off to a certain extent. I can buy it cheaper at walmart than the heavy truck shop i work at can buy it from our local shell distributor, which isnt really a small distributor covering from albany to syracuse. Kind of absurd what this country is coming to in some aspects.

What does the truck driver/owner think when he looks at this bill and realizes, damn i could have gotten the 4 gallons of oil cheaper at walmart?

#27 ·
Does anybody buy their filters at Wal-Mart. I have had powerstrokes and cummins in the past and my local WM carries the factory brand filters for those but I have never looked for a duramax filter. They carry Fram filters. I'm still new to the duramax engine and since I have 2 of them now :rockin and 1 is ready for an oil change I figured I'd ask.

#28 ·
Yeah, I get the fleetgaurds

#29 ·
since you guys are stubborn,

I know in the past you have had great experiences with Shell rotella T, and i used to use it in every diesel i owned. im a diesel mechanic and its all our shop used. but if you will go look and read, you will see that they are altering their oil, you will really have to search to find exactly what but one of the major changes in the blends has been a dramatic reduction in ZDDP (or zinc and phosphate) which provides the clinging film between parts...particularly your cam lobes and your lifters. If you read the MSDS of the rotella, you will see that Shell has stopped including the zinc and phosphorus content on the form.

What im trying to say is, why not spend a little more money to assure that you are really treating your motor right? i have no worry about my truck because i use the best. why take a risk over a few dollars? Are we really that tight?

#37 ·
Ill bite....

Share us your extreme wisdom you learned on the net vs oil analysis...tell us what oil is the best then...And if you say amsoil (not that its that bad) Im going to punch some babies...

#30 ·
I change my oil every 5k....which is overkill.....so even if the new blend does suck....I'm not running it long enough for it to suck. I don't mind spending extra money, but EVERYONES oil is the best....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.