Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Oil leak from sensor

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hook'em_Horns! 
#1 ·
I've been looking everywhere for posts or a part number but no one has been able to help. 03 LB7 leaking oil from a sensor on the drivers side front right behind the power steering pump. Some have told me that it's the oil pressure sensor, however the sensors I've been seeing aren't this long. Any insight?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't tell by your picture, but I suggest maybe going to a GM dealer and have the parts guy look up your vin and the diagram showing the detailed parts and location of the sensor on your engine.
You don't have to buy from them but they can tell you what sensor it might be.

That's how I found out what needed to be removed in order to replace the 90* turbo coolant outlet hose.

#4 · (Edited)
since oil is leaking Id naturally come to the conclusion that the item had to do with the engine oil. Can't be fuel or coolant related or those fluids would be leaking.

What else is there on the oil system that would be exposed and possibly leaking?

Just seems common sense to me. Why not go to a parts store, ask for an oil pressure sensor and see if it looks like what is leaking on your engine.

I tried looking it up online for you but there was no picture associated with the part. Here is what I found:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevro...ers-scat/?part_name=oil-pressure-sending-unit

Good Luck

#5 ·
#38 98027456 $93
sensor, engine oil pressure/temperature
#39 98034148
Seal, gasket $64

However, the pic below, item is straight not angled as in the pic.
(and dang! they're proud of that gasket!)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.