Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Spokane DF group

10K views 82 replies 15 participants last post by  roger24 
#1 ·
Alright guys, time to get serious about getting a WA group started. The phx guys have their own group on this forum, and I know we have more then enough Duramax's guys in the area to start up our own group. We can arrange (easier) meets, have wrenching parties, help others out who need a garage, or are just getting started modding their rig, have our own chit chat area, etc.

So lets see some members added to this cause. This is primarily going to be a WA club but if you are right over the border in ID that would work (since the majority of us will probably be from spokane)

Ready set....go!

#5 ·
Nice thinking man! I just requested membership.

#6 ·
:drink just requested membership there as well thanks ritz!

#13 ·
I got crap for saying I'd run an oil temp gauge before a drive pressure gauge on a twin'd truck. One sponsor was like how do twins make the oil hotter?

Lmao learning its a joke. Who cares how hot your oil gets apparently

#15 ·
If y'all want to start a legit, state specific group and have any questions feel free to ask me. We have our group here, on DD and also on FB. We've gotten pretty big and also done some good for our community, giving diesel guys everywhere a "better" name lol. Have fun guys, you'll meet some really cool guys having a group/organized meets.

#17 ·
I'm in, sounds like a good time.

#19 ·
We used to have a group. Evergreen oil burners, but no one is on there anymore. That was started a few years ago.

#20 ·
Been quite on here and the fb fourms lately. Whats everyoneup to? Any add ons I had for my truck or the build on my xj have been put on hold for a while. Have my wedding to pay for by June.

#21 ·
Yeah I go check out the forums every once in a while (my lb7 is the one posted for sale) but no one seems to interested in meets or any of that. Kinda a bummer, I see a lot of nice duramaxes around.

#22 ·
Hopfully once the weather turns around people will come out of the woods. Lol yeah there are a few running around here. My buddy have a 09 dark blue ccsb 8in lift on 37s with a 50in light bar on top road runner bumper with 4 lights on it if anyones seen it running around. Hes not on here.

#24 ·
Where from?

#25 ·
Sunset Chevy in Sumner.

I did end up buying it. I should have it in my possession in about a week. The delay is because I need to get my trade to them when the weather is a little bit better over the pass.

I didn't have my trade vehicle last weekend when I finished the deal. I was driving my old beater 84 K20 over the pass - the "winter rig".

I'm driving it over the pass again tomorrow and back Monday.

#26 ·
Lol that things sweet.
right on man congats on the new rig

#27 ·
Even though it's a complete pile, I love it. I bought it as a farm truck, and have actually been daily driving it most of the time since I bought it in June 2013.

Tomorrow makes the 4th trip over to Tacoma and back with it.

Once I get the new truck, the farm truck will still be used during the rest of the winter.

The 06 will have a new home next to my 09. Both are Silver Birch Metallic.

#28 ·
Sweet. But why the need for two diesels? Towing farm equipment?

Reactions: jnsm
#29 · (Edited)
The dually is my truck camper hauler during the summer and hibernates during the winter (mostly). I refuse to subject it to the nasty road conditions over here, like salt/deicer, etc. I bought it new in 09 and want to keep it looking nice for as long as possibly, and keep it for many years.

I have a nice 2012 Jeep Wrangler, but after moving over to Spokane from the "wet side" I've concluded the Jeep isn't really the best vehicle for my needs any more, plus I can't stand the discomfort of the seats in it on trips back and forth between here and the wet side.... which is partly why I've been using the '84 for the over the pass duties, and to avoid subjecting the Jeep to the nasty stuff spewed all over the road on the pass during the winter.

What it came down to was this: If I'm going to have a vehicle that I'm making payments on, it might as well be something that is more multi-purpose than the Jeep. I can use the 06 to make some money with too, towing my trailers all over the state to sell my wares at gun and knife shows, and do it in more comfort and fuel efficiency than the Jeep or the farm truck.
I'm pretty turned off by the Jeep's poor highway fuel economy too.

In a nutshell, another truck made the most sense because I can do anything with it, and take it on road trips should the need arise. It's more friendly for driving around town than the dually.

It was a hard decision on which truck to get - something lower cost with higher miles, or lower miles with a higher price tag, and also deciding between long bed and short bed. In fact, it was a tough decision on what to do in the first place - whether I should even get a truck, or sell my truck camper and get a different style RV so I could reduce my fleet to only one good truck - but I went down that road once before when I got the dually and the truck camper - and decided they were really the best for my RV needs, and in reality, they still are.

#30 ·
That makes sense. I dont blame ya at all not wanting to ruin the 09 on these roads. They get nasty. Ive never riden in the newer wranglers but if they are like the older 02s ive been around I couldn't imagine driving more than around town in them.
my trucks filthy from the roads, but I haul sleds on mine and dont mind the dirt to much. Dd as well

#31 · (Edited)
Yeah, the roads are dirty for sure, but at least there isn't as much decier as compared to the mtn passes. The pass was nasty last weekend - the farm truck was covered in the stuff on Friday and again this past Monday coming home.

Aside from the hard seats, the 2012 Jeep (Unlimited) is an awesome vehicle. I swore I'd keep it a long time when I bought it. In 2013, they softened up the seats. It gets decent mileage around town, usually 15.5, but on the highway, at 65 mph, the best i can get is 17.5, and it's rated at 21 mpg. Most of my highway driving is towing, and I get 12mpg, so that's another factor I considered. If I get mpg around 12 towing, I might as well have a more capable vehicle to tow with to go to shows.... and another D/A will probably get better mileage towing than the Jeep!

#32 ·
Yeah it will get much better mileage and beway more comfy. That is pretty crap mpgs out of a newer vehicle. Yeah I can imagine how nasty thr pass roads are
I always drive the truck on trips instead of the car because of the comfort of it. Car gets 30mpg compared to my 17-18 but way worth it. Lol

#34 ·
Same here. For a about a year. Are they really bad. I noticed mine only leak when its cold, but hardly at all in the summer

#35 ·
They leaked when it was really cold last Saturday. It was about 10 degrees when I started the truck, then 10 minutes later found a pool of ATF on the driveway.

#36 ·
Oh wow pretty good then. Didnt see it was the 06 tell I readthe bs thread. Take her in for free ones. Id be a bit upset

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.