Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

MONTANA Shout Out

41K views 337 replies 81 participants last post by  RdHammer 
#1 ·
Hey anyone on here from Missoula, MT or anywhere in the western side of MT? ie.. Bitterroot Valley on up to Eureka

#4 ·
Fromer Montanana here, from Anaconda. Now I live in Washougal, WA. There is a guy on here form Great Falls that posts a lot.

#75 ·
I'm new to the forum. I've lived my entire life in Anaconda. Lost Creek Raceway just outside of Anaconda has a 1/8mile strip. Does anyone know the date for DynoDays @ Gomers? I've heard it's a good time and I'd like to check it out if I don't have to work. Nice to see quite a few Montanans on here. Hopefully get a chance to meet some of you and check out your rides. - SpitzoMT

#13 ·
My brother (trevorb_06) and myself are both from troy.

#6 ·
Must be hard driving Duramax in the land of environmental nuts. :rof Former Billings/Livingston guy here. Will be moving back after retirement. :drink

#8 · (Edited)
Not bad actually, the tree huggers around here go after the loggers and most of them drive cummins. Not to mention, isnt that the pot calling the kettle black, you live in CA, where if a car has condensation coming out of the tailpipe they fine you for pollution.:D

#9 ·
Butte here

#12 ·
grew up in shelby attending college in helena

#15 ·
I live in ND but the wife is from Boulder, and we get out there 3 or 4 times a year. LOVE western MT. :rockin

#17 ·
hey i just ordered a blocker plate from you guys. is your shop and shipping location in Idaho?

#20 ·
Hey, all the MT guys; do you all know about Dyno Days at Gomers USDiesel in Missoula? its on june 5th this year, 20 bucks for a run and there are lots of vendors and free stuff.

#24 ·
Might have to check it out. Im getting a new trans next week, then EFI. Ill have to see what she can put down on the rollers.:D

#27 ·
im gonna add all the montana guys to my buddy, list feel free to add me to yours.

#29 ·
Another thing to throw out there to you MT guys. Where is the closest 1/4 mile strip?

#30 ·
For you, probably in Idaho. Billings has one and they actually had Diesel Drags this past summer I believe. I think it is called Yellowstone Raceway. I remember when I was a kid they were all over but the two prominent MT tracks were Lewistown and Glendive.

#34 ·
billings has one
lewistown used to have one i dunno if they still do

#37 ·
Hopefully i will make it iam in C-Falls with my new megacab iam just creepin around on the d-max forums:drink I was there last year with my metallic red 98 12v lifted with black/chrome 20s were any of you guys there last year??? what were you driveing what did you dyno at and any mods this year. Old 12v made 377hp and 922ftlbs on crappy transmission its gone now tho:eek: but had max of $200 into performance parts

#41 ·
Add another MT buddy to your list, live in Great Falls and work in Billings. Don't ask...

#42 ·
Anyone go to the dyno days in Missoula today?

#44 ·
And why would you go to NY then!!! lol

#45 ·
working as a boilermaker in billings right now hometown is shelby mt tho

#46 ·
Yep, good turnout. There will be video posted soon on the UsDieselparts youtube page. I got almost everyones truck, i ran out of tape for like the last 3 or 4 rigs though. My truck put down 429 HP and 800 something TQ (i dont have the sheet in front of me) might have been higher but my tires were so out of balance i could see light under them when he ran it.

#47 ·
Nice if I would have been at my place in Troy I would have tried to make it down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.