Egr lb7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Egr lb7

i just found out today at the dealership i have a california truck an have a egr cooler an valve and all that good bs on my truck and i live in Ga. i want to get rid of it so i had a few questions. who sells a delet kit and could i just put on a egr block plate and it do the same thing?
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

lly blockers fit..... to delete you need a non egr pass up pipe and a y bridge
EFI by Rob w/DSP 5 / Danville stage 2 68mm turbo/ BigDipper trans with ML converter(built by Todd=Stroke 250) / Raptor 150 / Big Dipper 45% over injectors / Wicked Stage 3 Stroker pump / 4in MBRP dp back to a 6" black Mitre cut stack / 8000K HID Hi/Low / Recon smoked LED tails, cabs, and 3rd brake / Rancho 9000's / DHD Steering brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmokelb7 View Post
Rather see mama in a whore house then a brother in a dodge
zacwht20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

whats a pass up pipe and a y bridge..i know nothing about the egr bc i was fooled into beliving i didnt have it so i never looked into any of it. and could i get the same results with a block plate as i could doing the y bridge and pipe?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

you could essentially but still have all the egr shit sitting on top of the motor... a lb7 non egr passenger up pipe and a lb7 non egr y bridge will get rid of all the extra crap and clean it up a little
EFI by Rob w/DSP 5 / Danville stage 2 68mm turbo/ BigDipper trans with ML converter(built by Todd=Stroke 250) / Raptor 150 / Big Dipper 45% over injectors / Wicked Stage 3 Stroker pump / 4in MBRP dp back to a 6" black Mitre cut stack / 8000K HID Hi/Low / Recon smoked LED tails, cabs, and 3rd brake / Rancho 9000's / DHD Steering brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmokelb7 View Post
Rather see mama in a whore house then a brother in a dodge
zacwht20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Banned

Also need a federal emisisons belt since they dont use a vaccuum pump.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Just put a blocker plate out of an LLY in it, then get EFI live to get a tune and keep it out of limp mode!
2003 2500HD LT, CCSB, LB7, EFI tuned by IdahoRob and installed by GOS Performance, Edge CS Insight, AFE intake, 5" center dump exhaust, 8" MBRP tip, 6" Pro-Comp lift, Fox dual resevoirs shock hoops, 35" Toyo M/T's, 20" chrome Diamo 8's, AMP research electric running boards, 55w 8000K HID highs/lows/fogs, All-on mod, roll up tonneau cover, tinted, whited-out.
skyler.hager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

thats how i found out i had an egr was bc my vaccum pump went bad and had to replace it yesterday. so i could put a block plate over the valve and take off the vacum pump and ill be good to go?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:16 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

this may be a stupid question about the EGR but could i get an EGR block plate and a hose clamp to close off the hose running from the vacuum pump so i can return the vacuum pump i just bought for it and get a federal emissions belt?? any suggestions would help!! or would i need to get those other y bridge pipes and what not??
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I have a egr also on my 03 and I put a lly blocker plate in and pulled the vacumn pump off and put a federal emission belt on
wthomas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.