CP3 on my LMM - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 04:45 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

CP3 on my LMM

I was told if i want more power in my truck the next thing i need to add is a new CP3. So Im in the market to upgrade to a different CP3. I guess wat do I need to know about it, and wat does it really do?

Sold:07 LMM 5"MBRP Turbo Back, EFI Live DSP5, Banks AirRam w/Scoop, AirDog 165, EGR Blocker plate, PCV reroute, 6in Fabtech, HID Lo/Hi, Titan Tank.
Jordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Do you have an after market turbo? Bigger injectors? If not I would look into a turbo before a cp3. After the turbo get some nozzles. The cp3 is a high pressure injection pump it is what supplys the injectors with fuel. People usually don't upgrade the cp3 unless it isn't making pressure due to having larger injectors and running higher pulse width tunes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Efi Live by Rob Coddens
s472
DirtyMaxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
I was told if i want more power in my truck the next thing i need to add is a new CP3. So Im in the market to upgrade to a different CP3. I guess wat do I need to know about it, and wat does it really do?
someone lied to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMaxx03 View Post
Do you have an after market turbo? Bigger injectors? If not I would look into a turbo before a cp3. After the turbo get some nozzles. The cp3 is a high pressure injection pump it is what supplys the injectors with fuel. People usually don't upgrade the cp3 unless it isn't making pressure due to having larger injectors and running higher pulse width tunes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
yep unless you are running bigger turbo and injectors then there is no reason to get a second or a upgraded cp3, you can blow the motor well before you do that lol
2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax, Efi live 150hp Idaho Rob , 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip:rockin, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, SDP Egr Delete Pipe, Fprv shimmed, Pcv Reroute, All On mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, Rbp Locking Fuel Door, Recons with Led Reverse lights
Name is Sharks06LLY on Duramaxdiesels.com

WishforaDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:03 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Banned

You have way more mods to go before you need a modded cp3. A stock cp3 is capable of produceing 650 rwhp with an aftermarket turbo. I would go that route, a stock fuel system can drastically ovefuel a stock turbo anyway so why add even more unuseable fuel. Plus, once you add fuel you had better have 10,000 set aside for an engine build and already have a short block sitting in your garage. Because once you add fuel (pump/injectors) it's a ticking time bomb......................
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinlmm View Post
You have way more mods to go before you need a modded cp3. A stock cp3 is capable of produceing 650 rwhp with an aftermarket turbo. I would go that route, a stock fuel system can drastically ovefuel a stock turbo anyway so why add even more unuseable fuel. Plus, once you add fuel you had better have 10,000 set aside for an engine build and already have a short block sitting in your garage. Because once you add fuel (pump/injectors) it's a ticking time bomb......................
this^
Streamer handle mod
Saving for front basket
MudDoc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

i wouldnt touch the cp3 - if you want power, make sure you can hold it i.e. get your trans built then you can get a lot more out of your tuning and go from there
Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDoc View Post
this<
FIXED IT FOR YA ask raptor jesus he knows all
2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax, Efi live 150hp Idaho Rob , 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip:rockin, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, SDP Egr Delete Pipe, Fprv shimmed, Pcv Reroute, All On mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, Rbp Locking Fuel Door, Recons with Led Reverse lights
Name is Sharks06LLY on Duramaxdiesels.com

WishforaDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpdt View Post
i wouldnt touch the cp3 - if you want power, make sure you can hold it i.e. get your trans built then you can get a lot more out of your tuning and go from there
I just noticed he dosen't have a built trans.........................

OP, you don't even know what a big EFI built trans tune can do yet...............

Get your trans built next..................................
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Word Up
Lifetime Supporting Member

Like all the guys have already said..... You have about another 6000 bucks minimum to spend in mods before you need to be thinkin about CP3's and all that good stuff.

LMM Twinz N sum shyt ATP Tuned

02 LB7 to be EFI'd this week.

cainer70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 06:37 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Yeah I'm getting a sun coast GDmax put in this spring then injectors. Well don't want a time bomb that's for sure. So built tranny then just bump my Efi numbers up?

Sold:07 LMM 5"MBRP Turbo Back, EFI Live DSP5, Banks AirRam w/Scoop, AirDog 165, EGR Blocker plate, PCV reroute, 6in Fabtech, HID Lo/Hi, Titan Tank.
Jordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.