cp3 pump - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

cp3 pump

My trucks in the shop getting 30 over injectors in it. It turs out there were metal shavings in them causing them not to work properly so before he puts the new ones in he wants to. Pull the cp3 apart make sure this isnt going to happen agian my qestion is were else could metal shavings come from and if i have to replace the cp3 should i get a bigger one or put the stock one back in. Oh and efi is going in also
Motor: EFI Live tuned by Rob, Air Dog 165, Ported fuel rail fittings, Plugged rerouted and shimmed, Snow stage 3 Mpg/max, AFE mouthpiece, Dimond eye downpipe, High flow intake, y-bridge and EGR delete, Hot side pipe, 50% injectors,42% Cp3, 4094 turbo, Big dipper trans, 4.56 gears.
Interior: Edge Insight, Autometer pyro,boost,trans, Kenwood headunit with backup cam, Duha, Neoprene seat covers
Exterior: RDS 75 gallon fuel tank/toolbox, EBC slotted/drilled rotors, B&W turn over ball, Maghytec diff, RX 9000 shocks with air. Fender flares Road Armor front & rear bumber and bed all line-xed color matched, Billet grille, Dual 4 inch exhaust, 6 inch lift, 22 inch wheels in nitto terra grapplers,Led smoked tails
bpipeliners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

Only 2 places that have moving parts in the fuel system based off your signature is the lift pump and the CP3...

Might cut apart one of your fuel filters and check it. alot easier than pulling the cp3.

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 12:34 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

If it was the lift pump, the filter should catch it-- sounds like a CP3.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1843 View Post
If it was the lift pump, the filter should catch it-- sounds like a CP3.
I would agree, but there is always the glimmer of hope.

--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Old 02-02-2012, 01:30 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

If it is the cp3 what do you guys recomend doing
Motor: EFI Live tuned by Rob, Air Dog 165, Ported fuel rail fittings, Plugged rerouted and shimmed, Snow stage 3 Mpg/max, AFE mouthpiece, Dimond eye downpipe, High flow intake, y-bridge and EGR delete, Hot side pipe, 50% injectors,42% Cp3, 4094 turbo, Big dipper trans, 4.56 gears.
Interior: Edge Insight, Autometer pyro,boost,trans, Kenwood headunit with backup cam, Duha, Neoprene seat covers
Exterior: RDS 75 gallon fuel tank/toolbox, EBC slotted/drilled rotors, B&W turn over ball, Maghytec diff, RX 9000 shocks with air. Fender flares Road Armor front & rear bumber and bed all line-xed color matched, Billet grille, Dual 4 inch exhaust, 6 inch lift, 22 inch wheels in nitto terra grapplers,Led smoked tails
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Upgraded CP3?

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)

Last edited by TDFDiesel; 02-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 02:01 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

Honestly I would just do a reman pump and be done.

But that depends on what you plan on doing with the truck. With an upgraded pump, I wouldn't do it unless you have EFI.

--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaz268 View Post
Honestly I would just do a reman pump and be done.

But that depends on what you plan on doing with the truck. With an upgraded pump, I wouldn't do it unless you have EFI.
I agree, time for EFI Live if you don't already have it.

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Alright guys ordered 50% injectors 42% cp3 pump 4094 turbo and efi tuned by rob my tranny is going to hate me. Tell me what you guys think hopefully the wife dont look at the bank statement and a special thanks to holton and josh at alligator for dealing with all my with questions
Old 02-02-2012, 06:48 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

pure waste if you dont do the trans

--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.