Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

cold air intake/programers

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jessman388 
#1 ·
Ok I know you guys are most likely sick of my questions but I just want to get all my ducks in a row when I get my truck. Do cold air intakes really make a difference? What brand would you recommend. Also I know efi live is top of the line but can't afford that so is there another that work as good? What kinda gains can I see from exhaust , cold air intake and programmer? Thanks for all the help. I think a May have found a truck! Yea

#2 ·
Since I just went through the same stuff I'll give you my insight. Cold air intake isn't worth the money. Just get a AFE progaurd drop in, having a free flowing exhaust helps with power egt's mileage, if you can for the tuning just get a autocal (as I did) instead of the full efi live tuner. Give Dustin a call at ATP and he will hook you up and he is very informative and helpful too!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
If you get an LB7 or an LLY, get an intake, the factory airbox setup is pretty crappy. LBZ and up, I wouldnt really worry about it much. They have a lot better filter setup than the older ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.