Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

superchips programer

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mrmanners 
#1 ·
Ok so I bought the superchips programer, because I need to get better fuel mileage .. BUT I havent seen it. I was unsure which programmer to get, I searched various forums and it was between superchips, bullydog and edge .. so autoanything.com suggested superchips .. SO far I am disappointed .. OR am I programming it wrong, I mean its pretty straight forward .. lolol

So more search on here says if I dont go with EFI Live then go with PPE well from what I see the PPE Standard isnt out for my 2012 Chevy Diesel .. and I dont even know if I can get it since I'm in California.

I understand if you increase power you increase fuel mileage .. so help, what do I need to do without spending over 1K to get this? I need to see close to 20mpg .. right now I am at 14.6mpg, I went from 14.5 to 14.6 with superchips .. lolol .. I even put a light weight cover over the bed of my truck ..

I dont need crazy stuff done .. I tow a horse trailer, not often, but if I tow thats what I tow or a regular trailer to get hay and my truck is also my daily driver .. if I cant get this mileage up then I have to find a communter car and that will suck because I love my truck and I love driving it ..

I have done some searching and found on this forum that superchips most say no to, wish I would have found this forum first before buying it ..

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to DF. First off, take a minute and fill out your signature with all the particulars on your truck.

Superchip makes an ok product but I can't remember a single person saying they like their results. From your post, you have a new 2012 LML? If so, EFI Live it not a player for the LML and your canned programmer choices are limited thus far. Be warned, any programmer you have installed will write to the LMM or LML ECM memory and will show up the first time you go back for a warranty issue. If your dealership wants to they can and most likely will void your powertrain warranty.

How are you driving it now? How many miles are on it? Running a fuel additive? You are getting 14 with a trailer or without?

The Edge Evolution or Evo HT is as good as any for the LML. It will not delete your DPF though but that is a function you can't really use in CA anyway with the EPA rules they ahve. Not sure if PPE is planning a LML version of their tuners or not with all the heat H&S just took from the EPA over their Mini Maxx and XRT Pro.

If I can answer any questions or help with pricing, please let me know.

Take care,

#3 ·
Hi,

2012 Chevy diesel with 7500 .. well I dont want to void my warranty, I think this superchips I can take back to factory where they said it wont show up? I hope thats correct, cause that will suck .. so then whats left? I dont need anything showing up.

I am getting 14.5 or 14.6 when pulling a trailer and no fuel additives and 7500 miles are on it ..

Thank you

#4 ·
If you have already used the superchip, the damage is done. You can take it back to stock but any programming done writes itself to memory and the history stays in the new ECMs. I would look at the Edge Evo HT, Edge Evolution CTS or quadzilla S2Tuner. All three will work with the LML and can improve performance and fuel economy. The Quadzilla will allow you to delete the DPF if you wish as well.

As far as additives go, I would consider Opti-Lube, AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and the Cetane Booster, Stanadyne or Power Service. These were all listed as good products in a study conducted a few yrs ago. I have had the best results from the AMSOIL products and just now testing Opti-Lube.

If I can answer any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.