upgrades - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

It's all in good clean fun. When did you guys tur into delicate little crybabies?
MBRP
SKYJACKER
ALL SEASONS
PPE
AIRDOG
ALLIGATOR DMAXSTORE MEYER PERFORMANCE MERCHANT AUTOMOTIVE
Ed
CAPE COD COAL ROLLERS
bfmine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 AM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
it stinks and whistles :)
Lifetime Supporting Member

It's not being cry babies, I think everyone just jumps on the "bash him" bandwagon way to soon as soon as someone mentions smoke. Most people see high hp trucks blowin smoke at the track and think its good for a diesel to smoke like a train, they just don't know the difference. If he would've came here and said "how to I smoke out intersections in town with my dads truck?" I'd bash him to. Nothing personal dude

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
rare parts gen2, bilstein 5100s, all season brace,
merchant pump rub fix, drp trans cooler lines,
air dogII 165
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Didn't mean to throw you under the bus like that man my bad, but as stated, an EFI tuner can make you some tunes to do what ever you want, if you want one a little on the dirty side then they can do it for you. As far as valves no need to mess with engine hard parts until you ready to build it all the way. If i were you, I would get a ported intake horn, S&B intake, PPE boost valve, and efi. When if ever have your injectors been replaced? The LB7 trucks are known to need them and it's a hell of a job parts and labor wise. Might want to look into a CAT filter adapter and or a lift pump with extra filters like an Air dog or FASS.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior

Last edited by biketopia; 12-07-2012 at 06:05 AM.
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
Didn't mean to throw you under the bus like that man my bad, but as stated, an EFI tuner can make you some tunes to do what ever you want, if you want one a little on the dirty side then they can do it for you. As far as valves no need to mess with engine hard parts until you ready to build it all the way. If i were you, I would get a ported intake horn, S&B intake, PPE boost valve, and efi. When if ever have your injectors been replaced? The LB7 trucks are known to need them and it's a hell of a job parts and labor wise. Might want to look into a CAT filter adapter and or a lift pump with extra filters like an Air dog or FASS.
For starters thanks for a straight forward answer! And as far as injectors go, I have not had an issue yet at least. Bought it with 180xxx on it and its at about 210xxx so they may have beed replaced prior.
And for the others, I don't intend to make my truck a 1000hp truck. It's a daily driver and I just want more out of it and have fun with it. I don't need to black out intersections. Just more then stock would be nice.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Well that's good, they have probably been replaced once maybe twice by now, might try and check the balance rates on them, run a good fuel additive every tank, and just know that it could need them which is around $2-$5K depending if you do the work your self. Also, what brand lift is on it, does it have upgraded tie rods?
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
This space for rent!
Supporting Member

Def. go EFI Live. That should be the first mod. I recently added it along w/the CTS monitor and love the setup.
Of course all kinds of other stupid "Sh*t"
------ Yes Koho is a fish, but atleast I don't have Walleye vision ---------
Koho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
Well that's good, they have probably been replaced once maybe twice by now, might try and check the balance rates on them, run a good fuel additive every tank, and just know that it could need them which is around $2-$5K depending if you do the work your self. Also, what brand lift is on it, does it have upgraded tie rods?
thanks for the tip. as far as the lift goes im not sure. i bought it with the lift and its def been on there for a while all the lables are warn off. i havnt really had a need to research it anyfarther. as far as tie rods they appear to be stock but i am awear that if i intend to pull with it that will be the first thing i will change out.
if i ever have to change out the injectors while i own them i am going to pay a little extra and upgrade them. that is one thing that i have wanted to do but dont want to fork out that kind of $ until i need too.
for having 210xxx miles on her she still runs like a tank and purrs like a kitten.
thanks for the tips!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

is efi the way to go & what is the avg price $$
robsquezn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

I agree, efi live from a reputable shop and away you go!
Alti2de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.