upgrades - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

upgrades

hello all,
new to this forum just wanted to see yall's opinions on some good upgrades. i currently have a bullydog triple dog that i am not too happy with. spent too much for too little, was expecting alot more out of it.
long story short, im looking for a good tuner. ive been looking at PPE, EFI live and Quadzilla. also lookin to do some other little upgrades i.e. air intake, vavles ect. whats the best way to go? lookin to blow smoke but also not have get a 2nd job to buy the parts to get it. any help would be welcomed, thanks!
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Smoke is bad, just fyi you going to get bashed asking for that. If you want the best, get EFI live from one of the tuners on here, an intake would be good, the LB7 intakes are horrible, S&B would be a good one that wont brake the bank. What are you talking about "vavles"??
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Ask anyone who sells efi tunes. They should be able to hook you up with some nasssssty smoke tunes. I have one. I just bought a smarty off my buddy and stacked it with another smarty. So much smoke. Good luck
MBRP
SKYJACKER
ALL SEASONS
PPE
AIRDOG
ALLIGATOR DMAXSTORE MEYER PERFORMANCE MERCHANT AUTOMOTIVE
Ed
CAPE COD COAL ROLLERS
bfmine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmine View Post
Ask anyone who sells efi tunes. They should be able to hook you up with some nasssssty smoke tunes. I have one. I just bought a smarty off my buddy and stacked it with another smarty. So much smoke. Good luck
You guys are ridiculous. It's not like he asked for a smoke tune. Everyone here is guilty of throwing smoke at one point or another. Is the word smoke comes up you all get this mob mentality to bash the person. Why not try and educate them about the pros and cons first?!?

2006 CCSB

5" exhaust.... And a few things kicking around waiting to be installed
SwitchBack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
What are you talking about "vavles"??
I meant valves. like the little things to help the big things work better.
And I am aware smoke is "bad". But it's more or less unused fuel and I'm ok with that.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

If we don't "mentally bash" him he won't realize that smoke tunes ruin the sport of upgrading our diesels. All we need is another 16 year old with daddy's money driving around town on his smoke tune trying to send his footprint accelerator pedal thru the firewall. It's all in good fun and I'm sure someone will take their time and write a paragraph or 2 explaining smoke tunes to him. Or he could research them or call anyone who writes efi tunes and ask them about them...............
MBRP
SKYJACKER
ALL SEASONS
PPE
AIRDOG
Ed
CAPE COD COAL ROLLERS
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
All we need is another 16 year old with daddy's money driving around town on his smoke tune
Right little note: not 16 and its not daddy's money who bought pays for upgrades or even fills my tank. Before I jump off the deep end, who said anything about a smoke tune? Those words never came out of my mouth. All I had said was that I wanted to upgrade from my pos bullydog and get something that would throw a little more smoke. If that's all I wanted I'd disconnect the turbo numb nuts. I digress...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

No need to call me names
MBRP
SKYJACKER
ALL SEASONS
PPE
AIRDOG
Ed
CAPE COD COAL ROLLERS
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
it stinks and whistles :)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
If we don't "mentally bash" him he won't realize that smoke tunes ruin the sport of upgrading our diesels. All we need is another 16 year old with daddy's money driving around town on his smoke tune trying to send his footprint accelerator pedal thru the firewall. It's all in good fun and I'm sure someone will take their time and write a paragraph or 2 explaining smoke tunes to him. Or he could research them or call anyone who writes efi tunes and ask them about them...............
Are you sure your not 16? There are ways to educate people without making them feel retarted

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
rare parts gen2, bilstein 5100s, all season brace,
merchant pump rub fix, drp trans cooler lines,
air dogII 165
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Basically what they're saying is that you shouldn't be as concerned with throwing any more smoke, and instead just care about making more power that's safe for your truck i.e. EFI Live Any bashing is nothing directly against the op, but it's simply because a lot of duramax owners are getting tired of of everyone wanting to roal coal because it's killing our sport/hobby/obsession. Anyways I would recommend EFI Live as your number one upgrade!
ARP Studs
Built Front End
Need more Air and Fuel
12.670@106.26mph
The S.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.