Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Throttle body Spacers for 2011 Duramax

7K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  2500-HD 
#1 ·
I have been trying to see if adding a throttle body spacer will actually add a bit hp and add the 2-4mpg which they say they do, anyone with knowlege know the truth?
I do a ton of driving and would like to gain a few more mpg if possible, but I'd hate to waste my money on something which is a total farse, & since a ton of people on the site are very mechanically inclinded, something which I am not, many of you should know, hopefully anyway.
any and all help in this regard would be a great help, thank you.

PS, I am also kind of interested in the Air Dog system, and if you happen to know about the advantages to this, i'd also appreciate your help in this matter, although I am now going to do some searching in here about this system.
My main question is about the throttle body spacer as I couldn't find anything on here thus far, but I am going to continue looking at both of the above.
Again, thank you:help

#3 ·
You know ou drive a diesel right?

#4 ·
You should get every part advertised to save fuel. Before you know it, you'll be taking fuel out of the tank to make room for more saved fuel.

#6 ·
When you do the throttle body spacer do you have to upgrade from a 1/2" kabibble to a 3/4"?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
Just because there's a flap in the intake that don't make it a throttle body. Throttle on a diesel is controlled by fuel

#12 ·
#18 ·
that link i posted dont look like any throttle body ive ever seen haha espically on a diesel oh yeah that because there arent any. dont really think that little air swirly gizzy is going to do much!

#20 ·
I think what everyone's trying to say is don't waste your $ on it. As far as the airdog, more filtration and help for the cp4 pump couldn't hurt. Just my 2¢

#22 ·
No disrespect bud, it just erks me to call it a "throttle body" when it has nothing to do with throttle. You wouldn't call a water tank a septic tank just because they resemble each other.

#26 ·
throttle body.throttle body.throttle body...hahahaha Actually GM calls it an 'Intake Air Control' valve, not to be confused with an IAC on a gasser (idle air control). The problem is, if there is a plate mounted in an aluminum housing with a (or multiple) sensors attached to end of the plate shaft, and that plate has the ability to control air entering the intake manifold, it could easily be called a throttle body (throttle plate, throttle position sensor(s), ability to control rpms (although it doesn't that I know of). If you layed an IAC from the LML and a TAC (t-body) from a 5.3 gasser side by side, they are very close in design. The dead give away is the LMLs IAC has the plate open at rest, the TAC is closed, and the IAC has a different intake pipe mount (doesn't use a hose clamp). Not sure why I typed this because I will probably still call it a t-body just cuz most people are familiar with that term.

#27 ·
That's what I'm saying. It is identical to a throttle body and looks just like one which is why I called it that. I realize it actually doesn't control the throttle in any way, but if I said intake air control valve, people would be like what is that? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
Taken from an eBay ad for a "throttle body spacer" for an lb7 :rofl

"Put a new twist on your air intake and watch your power, torque and fuel economy spin to new heights of performance. The Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer is custom-made to bolt-on to your vehicle in less than an hour.

The secret to the throttle body spacer is its dyno-proven Helix bore. The Helix bore creates high-velocity spin on the incoming air. This "tornado" mixes with the fuel and sends a superior atomized mixture all the way into the combustion chamber. The result: the PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer gives your engine low-end punch and better mileage.

The PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer is machined from aircraft-grade aluminum for durability. Airaid includes all installation hardware and a Lifetime Warranty on your PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer."

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.