Race Valve... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Race Valve...

I got an Alligator Performance race valve for Christmas. After reading about it now that I have it, I think I should have put a shim kit instead of a race valve. But seeing that nothing bad has really happened with race valves, I plan on just going ahead and putting it in. I was wondering if I was gonna have to put an o-ring or a washer on it? My girlfriend's Dad who is a mechanic told me I'm gonna have to but since it didn't come with one I was thinking maybe not. Anybody know what I should do? I rather be safe than sorry.
EFI Live by Kory-Fully Built SunCoast with 1056-AirDog II-4 Inch Magnaflow Exhaust-3 Inch Magnaflow Downpipe-Ported Fuel Rail Fitting-Race Valve-LBZ MouthPiece-S&B Intake-Sinister EGR Delete-ARP Head Studs-Upgraded GM Gaskets-Tie Rod Sleeves-Cognito Brace Kit-20x10 BMF R.E.P.R. Wheels-Nitto 420S 305/50/20
MattMaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Just put the valve
EFI DSP 5 PPEI
4 inch Mbrp
Airdog II 165
Plugged, Blocked , Rerouted

2007.5 Chevy 3500HD LMM cclb Dually, Exhaust , EFI Tuned,
Dmax7511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

You can reuse the o ring on the fprv or just get a new one from local autoparts store. Super easy job. I tried the shim kit first and ended up doing the race valve.

Sold: Wife's Truck: 06 ECLB LBZ LT 4X4: Transgo Jr, 5" Exhaust, EFI Live by Bobo, Sleeves, Pump Rub Fix, PPE race valve, PPE airbox mod, Cognito braces, Edge CTS, AD ll 165, Bilstein 5100s, MagHytec rear diff cover, Alligator PCV reroute, SDP EGR Delete
Dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

race vavle works good just reuse old oring if not ruined when removing the old one. kind of a pain to install. not a lot of room to work and old one is on really tight
chippymiller49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Make sure to get it tight it's suppose to be something like 75ft/lb I was told
New: 09 2500HD CC/LB diamond eye duals muffler delete with black 6" tips, front and rear replacement bumpers, 6000k HIDs in lows and fogs B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch, BDS 7" set at 7" and 5" block on the rear, 20x10 AE series 16 with -21 offset

Traded In : 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
jdugie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I really need to get around to putting mine in lol
ARP Studs
Built Front End
Need more Air and Fuel
12.830@105.86mph
The S.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Does anybody know what wrench size is needed to get the old FPRV out and put the PPE in?
Danville Tuned
305/50/20
looking for more fuel and air....
mcle6103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I bought the shim kit... Played around with it... Couldn't get the valve off, so I bought a race valve as I started to round off my stock valve with impact 6 point sockets.. No clue how... Continuously tried every other day taking on and off the glow plug controller... Got pissed at it, drilled a hole in the top of it so I could finally reach the bolts underneath it with ease... Tried some more.. Rounded it more.. Ended up keeping the glow plug bracket off, zip tieing it up somewhere where it held tightly.. Tried more every other day, more rounding.. Got a viper security system installed at Best Buy and the dude put the siren right where my bracket was suppose to be mounted but it was zip tied out of the way... AWESOME... Probably going to have to rip my rail off to finally get it in. I still have yet to succeed. Ha. My opinion would be to throw either one in there if you can get it in. Beward it is tightened by the hand of GOD. ha
Edge Insight CTS for Gauges
EGR Block Plate & Fingerstick
AFE Turbo Inlet Mouthpiece
EGT Temperature Probe
EFI LIVE by Kory Willis
CST 8" Lift Front/6" Rear
K&N Full Air Intake
35" Nitto Tires
blackmaxson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Well I've heard that you may have to grind the wrench being used down a bit to get rid of the taper on it so it fits flush....so nobody knows the size huh?
Danville Tuned
305/50/20
looking for more fuel and air....
mcle6103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcle6103 View Post
Does anybody know what wrench size is needed to get the old FPRV out and put the PPE in?
A new 18mm, i used a tired one and stripped mine. Ended up pulling the fuel rail.

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.