downpipe? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

downpipe?

Hey guys, I was thinking about ordering a mbrp 3 inch downpipe. Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if it made much difference in power and sound?
Thanks.
2005 lly duramax 4 door 2500hd: PPE boost, pyro, and rail pressure gauges, lbz mouthpiece, egr blocker plate, 5 inch mbrp downpipe back exhaust. 20" xd hoss black wheels, 33" toyo M/Ts, Rough country leveling kit.
duramax91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

don't get mbrp get a profab downpipe they are much cheaper and better imo. as for sound and performance, you will get a deeper sound (no more angry owl at WOT) and it will lower your egts a bit
04.5 LLY Chevy CC/SB LT 4x4 Olympic White 225k | RDL downpipe, RDL egr delete pipe, modified uppipe, pcv reroute w/ catch can, lbz mouthpiece, lml manifold, banks ram air intake, 4" exhaust, colormatched tow mirrors, ranch hand front bumper, nbs rear bumper, demolded, debadged, shimmed fprv, ppe high idle, tie rod sleeves | Coming soon: (just have to order it actually) efi live, air dog 2 165, hellman fuel sump |
04.5 LLY Chevy CC/SB LT 4x4 Silver Birch Metallic (~210K) RIP Dec 2013
DirtyPower04.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Get de not mbrp
2007.5 Chevy 2500HD -- EFI Live by Kory Willis/DSP5 -- 4" MBRP turbo back w/ Muffler -- Diamond Eye Downpipe -- EGR Blocker Plate -- Nictane W/ Cat filter -- Edge Insight W/ EGT -- Firestone Riderite Bags -- 265/75/16 Duratrac W/ leveling kit -- Rancho RS9000xl's
stang233 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I got the pro fab down pipe. I will be driving it on tuesday. I will let you know what i notice.

Clint
2"lift on Cooper Discoverer STT 285/75r16 on black ultra goliaths, PCV rerout, resonator delete, EGR Blocker plate, Painted to match:front bumper, front fender flares, tow mirrors, escalade door handles. Pro fab down pipe, MBRP 4inch strait pipe with dual 6" black stacks, auto meter cobalt guages (pyro, fuel pressure, rail pressure, boost),PPE Boost Controller, Cobra 29 LX CB, diamondplate bed rails, Pro tech louvered headach rack.
C Fretz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
dat lly doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypower04.5 View Post
don't get mbrp get a profab downpipe they are much cheaper and better imo. As for sound and performance, you will get a deeper sound (no more angry owl at wot) and it will lower your egts a bit
this^^^^^^^^^^
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.72 @ 95 mph 1.89 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 550hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

My lml sounds like an angry mountain lion.........I love it So if I change out dp I will loose that?
willsdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Banned

Use the search.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsdiesel View Post
My lml sounds like an angry mountain lion.........I love it So if I change out dp I will loose that?
Yes
ARP Studs
Built Front End
Need more Air and Fuel
12.830@105.86mph
The S.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

^x2 on that
04.5 LLY Chevy CC/SB LT 4x4 Olympic White 225k | RDL downpipe, RDL egr delete pipe, modified uppipe, pcv reroute w/ catch can, lbz mouthpiece, lml manifold, banks ram air intake, 4" exhaust, colormatched tow mirrors, ranch hand front bumper, nbs rear bumper, demolded, debadged, shimmed fprv, ppe high idle, tie rod sleeves | Coming soon: (just have to order it actually) efi live, air dog 2 165, hellman fuel sump |
04.5 LLY Chevy CC/SB LT 4x4 Silver Birch Metallic (~210K) RIP Dec 2013
DirtyPower04.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear that the downpipe gets rid of the "angry owl!" Whenever I get time and the money, I'm going to get the Pro Fab downpipe along with the Diamondeye 4" quiet tone exhaust. I want the performance without more sound.
Pullrite Superglide 5th Wheel Hitch / DMI Quic 'n Easy Receiver Hitch
Transgo Jr./Allison Filter Lock
HD SynTran Tranny Fluid (John Deere's Syndtran)
Mike L. Transmission Cooler
Diesel Race Parts replacement Tranny Cooler Lines
Leveled Tow Mirrors
3" AFE Downpipe & 4" AFE Stainless Steel Exhaust
18" x 9" Ultra Predator 8 Wheels / Cooper Discoverer AT3 275/65 R18 Tires
Jd4230 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.