how many miles?? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 06:49 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

how many miles??

I know its a tough question to answer,but I will askanyways,how many miles should we get out of our engines??I know there's limiting factors like towing abuse performanc upgrades,but Im asking more generally,someome said these diesels arent really broken in until about the 50 mile mark? COMING FROM THE GASSER WORLD THAT SEEMS FAR FETCHED AS A GAS ENGINE IS BROKEN RATHER QUICKLY ANYONE????
2006 gmc slt,full bore exhaust maniflod,leather,dee zee nerf bars,Diamondback hd tonneu cover,cloud rider mud flaps ,trans go jr with bd valve body, cognito level installed uca , ppe tie rod sleeves,atx teflon,pro comp shocks edge evoloution A/T.295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers::die NOW WHERE ARE THE CANADIAN TRANNY BUILDERS
marbles72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 06:51 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

the duramax diesel was built to last 400,000 mile or more pending on servicing, and maintance
BANKS ram air intake, MBRP 4" exhaust, CAT DELETE and NO MUFFLER, EGR Deleted, Fisher SS ExtremeV plow, Auto Meter Gauges, Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure, turbo resenator blocked off, PCV Reroute. SoCal Stage 1 heads, ARP Studs, BD Manifold, diamond eye down pipe, AFE mouth piece, AFE intercooler pipes, KMC Rokstars 20" wheels with Nitto Terra Grappler AT
EFI LIVE TUNED BY NICK
Big thanks to chad at Alligator performancewww.alligatorperformance.com
DuramaxSMOKE11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Needs more go fast

welly taken care of duramax you should see 250-300k

2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4, Reg Cab LB, LLY, RED
285/50/20 Nitto 420s, 20x10 Gear Alloy 726MB
Edge Insight, Autometer gauges, 3inch Drop Shackles
3inch boost tubes, Raptor Liftpump, 3inch Profab Ybridge, Arp Headstuds
Billet HTT S366, 45% Injectors, 85% Cp3, Hamilton Valve Springs
LML Manifold, 4" Exhaust, 60" Traction Bars
Blackout Performance Trans with 1058
Tuned and Built by Blackout Performance
630rwhp 1150rwtq 12.0@111
-Jake
duramaxbd03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2009, 08:32 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Im running at 236k with no problems. But I have always been on top of the maintence..
racerjms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Any engine will last as long as you maintain it. Honestly speaking, if you did basic performance upgrades like an economy tune, an exhaust, and a intake along with spark plugs/wires (just kidding) then this really shouldn't hurt the longevity of the engine. I think the question you should be asking is "how many miles are on your Duramax engines?" Some guys may come around with 300K to 400K motors. Like you said, it depends on how you use it and how you abuse it.

Erik
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

I managed to get 59,000 miles on mine before it died 95000 total on truck

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 07:22 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles72 View Post
I know its a tough question to answer,but I will askanyways,how many miles should we get out of our engines??I know there's limiting factors like towing abuse performanc upgrades,but Im asking more generally,someome said these diesels arent really broken in until about the 50 mile mark? COMING FROM THE GASSER WORLD THAT SEEMS FAR FETCHED AS A GAS ENGINE IS BROKEN RATHER QUICKLY ANYONE????

if you would like to know how long one will last go to a truck stop around back and look for a guy running one as a hot shot... they usually dump em around 300,000mi but thatís mostly highway which is easer on em even hauling heavy.

if you want to know how quick it can be broken just put it on said hotshot truck and drop it off at ZIP 15801 and I will keep you updated daily...I break stuff with the best of them!:rockin
Drivetrain LMM Duramax, Allsion 1000 Transmssion
Performance Mods EFI Live and DSP 5 By MMLMM, RBP downpipe back exhaust (no CAT or DPF), TransGo Jr, Mag Hytec transmssion and rear end covers, PPE Air Box Mod, Resonator Blocked, Auto Meter GS Boost, EGT, and Transmission gauges, Auto Meter triple pillar with speaker cutout. all from Tyler at Meyer Performance & Fabrication, LLC
Other Mods B&W Turn Over Ball, Air Lift Bags, Titan 52gal fuel tank, Wether Tech FloorLiners, SpeedLiner spray in bedliner, debadged whole truck except bow ties and D-Max/Allsion logo
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 07:32 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

it depends on what it takes to make it last if you mean no repairs or only minor ones. if you have the money you can rebuild one and spend enough on it to make it last forever. the most i know of on one is a little over 250,000 but alot of gs motors will that long they claim 500,000 so we will have to see

07.5 Chevy LMM quad cab dpf delete 5" diamond eye exhaust, Hs xrt pro on 120 hp

04 chevy lb7 dually Quadzilla stelath 2,k&n intake,4" diamond eye straight pipe, Dew eze hay bed, 348k+miles:rockin
tate07lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

the owner's son of the company i work for has 300,000 on his 2002 duramax 50,000 miles ago started putting big power mods on it he just dynoed it at 600rwhp turbo efi live bigger cp3 methanal injectors suncoast tranny and it still runs strong on original motor he dont even have studs in it yet with no problems
Duramax134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I have 260k on my lb7. this thing runs strong, the only car i have ever lost to was a Chrysler 300 hemi. Next upgrade, EFI Live, ATS trans.
GENMIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.