2013 Duramax upgrades - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 08:43 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2013 Duramax upgrades

What would u guys recommend for upgrades for my 2013 Dmax without taking the emissions off. I was wanting to do something to get better sound and performance. Thx in advance for the help
farmboy222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

sound and performance only comes from DPF delete. FASS lift pump is a good start just for added filtration and less water in fuel.
Alligator Resonator Delete
FASS 150 Lift Pump,
Isspro EV2 Factory Match Pyro and Boost, Edge CTS
Cobra 29 LT WX With Dual 4 ft Antennas,
Westin 3in Ultimate Bull Bar w/ KC HiLites
18x9 XD Riot Wheels/Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65
Icon Stage 2 Leveling kit, 3/4in differential spacers,
Rancho Steering Stabilizer,
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Custom Tow Mirrors

My Build Thread: Blue Granite LML Build Thread
Looking for Spare Parts? FS: Lots O parts and Goodies
LED Mirror Light DIY: HOW TO: LED Mirror Lights
Legal Headlight Mod DIY: HOW TO: Legal Headlight Mod for NBS Trucks
DURAMAXED OUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
812-344-4421

Tuning, exhaust and lift pump like mentioned above. Great setup and will get you the sound and performance you are after.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Sound-wise you'll get nothing different unless you delete the dpf. A dpf-back exhaust will be the biggest waste of money unless you absolutely hate the trumpet exhaust or plan on getting the rest of the turbo back soon. If I were you I'd do stuff like make sure all my fluids and filters are top notch, maybe stuff like a deep trans pan and/or bigger diff cover. Make your truck bulletproof. Trac bars, tie rod sleeves or new tie rods altogether. T case brace, pitman/idler brace, steering stabilizer, that kinda stuff.
Interior: Edge Insight CTS, Backup Camera, WeatherTech Floormats, 12 gauge, and a Black Lab
Performance: Straight Piped, EFILive by IdahoRob, DSP2, TransGo Jr., FASS Titanium 150, PCV Reroute, Nicktane w/ Donaldson W/S filter,
PPE Ported Fuel Fitting and Race Valve, Cognito 60" Trac Bars, Tie Rod Sleeves

OregonDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

keep em coming guys im looking into a lot of these mods
farmboy222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Mbrp makes a 3" downpipe that keeps your 9th injector and all that. Ppe makes up pipes and manifolds that keep egr. S&b Intake. You can do pass side ic pipe with air horn that keeps the throttle body deal for egr and intake heater and a driver side ic pipe. All that can be done with no tunning and not completely voiding warrantee

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
fuel throttle 20x10 wheels on 35x12.5's. zone shocks, ZONE 5" lift turned down for flat cvs.
cognito PISkit. rough country tie rod sleeves,
bds ladder traction bars, removed side mouldings.
mcc with MAXX effort 200 tune. made 532whp and 938ft lbs on alligators dyno
cleandirtymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Just got my smog done and they don't do much other than visual of smog equipment as well as any aftermarket additions and looking for any black smoke from tail pipe, yet the tester told me next year the are going to implement a ECU history test where he said if I were to leave everything stock and went to a stock tune I'd have to run that tune for a day or longer to pass provided I don't delete anything, just making it tougher for owners wanting more from their trucks.

My list starts with the Lift Pump, FASS 150, cat filter, deep tranny pan, mag hytek front and rear with fluid changes probably to Amsoil pro lend gear lube additive to both.

Last edited by BoostMe; 11-23-2013 at 09:45 PM.
BoostMe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.