EGR on LB7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

EGR on LB7

Is there anyway you can take out the EGR and block it off on an LB7?
2003 durmax, with allison tranny, edge juice, airaid air intake, optima batteries, mbrp 5 inch exhast, mid section cat delete, 6 inch lift, biltein shocks in front, resivoior procomps in the rear, 35 procomp xtreme AT , on rock star rims
pezsez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I want to know the same thing it keeps cutting in and ou on mine and make the ehaust sound weird it goes really nice sound then really crappy noise.
06Duramax91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

can you take a pic of it. i have never seen a egr valve on a lb7!!!
285/75/16 cooper discover st's, egr blocker, dual staight pipe exhaust, stage 3 afe intake, 20% tinted windows, tie rod sleeves and pitman arm idler arm braces, EFI tune by idahorob, Transgo jr, balt boost, pyro and fuel psi gauges, air dog II 165, ordered gmax6 and ml conveter
hans1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Well mines a lbz.... I think lol.... new to the fourm.
06Duramax91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 12:33 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Don't hold me to it, but im pretty sure you can just use an LLY block off plate, then just remove your vacuum pump, shorter belt, and take it to a garage with a tech2 and have them disable the codes.
beanpole209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

on the lbz engine all u need to do is get a blocker plate and then install a fingerstick to fool the computer.... to think that its working properly or you will get check engine light.
285/75/16 cooper discover st's, egr blocker, dual staight pipe exhaust, stage 3 afe intake, 20% tinted windows, tie rod sleeves and pitman arm idler arm braces, EFI tune by idahorob, Transgo jr, balt boost, pyro and fuel psi gauges, air dog II 165, ordered gmax6 and ml conveter
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Hmm I'll think about doing that I took the whole system out cleaned it and cleaned the egr and now runs a lot better and smoother it took 3-4 hours to take it off clean it and put it back on those rear bolts by the fire wall are a real bitch. But I've got to remember in 2 or less years the smog laws are going to hit us diesels hard. Especially here in southern Cali:Smack:Smack:blowup:blowup
2003 durmax, with allison tranny, edge juice, airaid air intake, optima batteries, mbrp 5 inch exhast, mid section cat delete, 6 inch lift, biltein shocks in front, resivoior procomps in the rear, 35 procomp xtreme AT , on rock star rims
Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

it is possible to do an egr clean with the gm scan tool, that will be an idea also to try
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

lol no you cant ive got a scan tool its a valve that you have to take out and clean with brake cleaner when i took mine out it was caked with soot :brainfart:cookoo
Old 04-21-2010, 11:59 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I have a Cali LB7 with EGR and want to delete mine too or just block it off. Does the LB7 throw a code too if you block it off or is it just the newer models?
Leveled running 285/70R17 Nitto Terra grapplers
6k HID lows and fogs
ghostrider56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.