Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

best cold air intake system?

39K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  Oldvintageiron 
#1 ·
Hey whats up guys I have a 04 dmax and currently im running a stalk air intake and was wondering whats the best after market cold air intake and im not interested in k&n...cant stand that shit for some reason...anyways id appreciate some input. thanks.:drink

#3 ·
Yep stocks are good just do a little cutting up of the lower part of the box to let more air in but they are good to around 500hp. Other wise I think S&B are best bang for your buck.

#5 ·
I am pretty happy with my Stage 2 AFE intake system

#6 ·
S&B is the best for the money but if money doesnt matter then Banks is the best

#11 ·
I have another question. What is the difference between the afe, s&b, and the banks. obviously the price, but what about performance. Is there much of a difference?

#13 ·
Cold air intake

Looks like the Banks is the best for cold air. Does anyone know or have an idea of where one could purchase one of these complete intakes including the air scoop for a best price? I am going to get one this week for my 05 GMC LLY. Thanks to everyone for all the posts. :gearjamin

#14 ·
Looks like the Banks is the best for cold air. Does anyone know or have an idea of where one could purchase one of these complete intakes including the air scoop for a best price? I am going to get one this week for my 05 GMC LLY. Thanks to everyone for all the posts. :gearjamin
Meyerperformence, PM him he posted on page one

#22 ·
Search for overheating in the LLY forum & you'll see why the stock intake should be replaced. It does alright as long as ambient temps are below 80, but once it starts getting hot, if you have any kind of a load on your engine, it can heat up.

#23 ·
#24 ·
I've tried a few aftermarket intakes and my favorite for a good price has been volant, I run that in my truck now and I'll run it in my next as well :D

#25 ·
I like the performance of my afe stage 2 with the oil free filter

#26 ·
x2 for the AFE with oil free filter.

#27 ·
If you don't mind cleaning and maintaining a filter banks is definitely the way to go....i had both the afe and s&b (also had the stock one before any of the others) before the banks and banks is imo the best by far. Otherwise stock is the way to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 · (Edited)
LBZ stock intake. Just did one on my LLY, great improvement.

Plus for the price you can't beat it. Why spend $350+ for an intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.