Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

intake

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  C20ELEPHANT 
#1 ·
I am thinking of putting a cold air intake on my 2006 2500hd 6.6. I have a k n n drop in right now, with no issues of mas air flow. I was looking at the k n n cold air intake, 57-3057 - K&N 57 Series FIPK, Performance Intake Kit they are saying 22 hp increase, that's a lot. I have also seen a cold ram air, didn't know if that would help, and if it would look stupid. thanks for your help.

#7 ·
S&B or Banks seem to be the most popular choices for our trucks but there's no need for an intake on an LBZ unless your over the 500hp mark. Stock LBZ intakes will flow plenty of air for 500hp or more easily.

#8 ·
Banks is way over priced... and while yes there is no need for an intake, I still prefer one. When you spend all the money on these trucks an extra 200 for an intake is nothing.

#9 ·
Save the money your gonna spend on that and put it towards EFI from ATP or one of our other vendors on the site! Just my opinion!

#10 ·
Yeah an intake definantly won't hurt anything. Better airflow is never a bad thing!

#12 ·
S&B with a dry filter. You're not going to feel any difference with any of the intakes, I don't care what the dyno sheets say. Some do make the turbo sound better. Find the best filtration and there you go. If you want to feel a difference, check out EFI live

#14 ·
The stock LBZ filter and intake is one of the best, honestly I'd throw away that K&N drop in, pick up a Donaldson filter for your stock intake and put the money towards EGR block or delete, pcv re-route, EFI, lift pump, etc. If you really wan't an intake I'd get an S&B as stated by others in this thread.

#16 ·
272826387273 at this point :neener

#20 ·
Yeah man save your money and put it towards some good tuning! :thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.